• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:30 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Inkbird Temperature Controller Question

Started by Martin, January 22, 2023, 04:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

January 22, 2023, 04:24:40 PM Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 04:36:56 PM by Martin
Hi guys,

this is probably a very stupid question, but could someone explain to me how the inkbird temperature controller works / communicates with a fidge or freezer?

From what I understand, I can simply plug in the fridge plug  into the "cooling"  socket and put the probe into the fridge. I can now adjust the temperature on the inkbird.

What I do not understand is how the inkbird is able to adjust the temperature in the freezer without being connected to the freezers temperature control unit? And why do they not interfeer with each other?

Is this just a matter of the inkbird turning the fridge on and off as needed?

My second question is whether anyone could recommend a fridge or freezer where a regular 30l Fermenter would fit in?

Many thanks in advance!
I turn water into beer. That's pretty badass.

Martin

Many thanks for the input. I ended up buying a small chest freezer today which seem to be a far better solution ( cold crashing / lagers ) for actualy the same money as a somewhat decent fridge.

The inkbird its on its way, I'm looking forward to finally accurate fermentation temperature control as well as brewing my first lager :)

I turn water into beer. That's pretty badass.