• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 09, 2024, 03:06:19 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

June meetup

Started by danger_zone, June 04, 2015, 09:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danger_zone

Now that June is freed up with the tour being postponed, are we having our meet as usual?
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

barney

Hi Stephen

Yes next meeting the 12 of June in soraghan at 9 as usual

itsclinto

I'll be driving from Drogheda so if anybody needs a lift just post here.

I might have a saison that i made a mess of batch priming.  Forgot to stir in the glucose and there was a good bit left over after bottling :( I'll know closer the time.  I'll definitely have a red wine that i bottled in November.  Tasted it recently and it has lost its harshness and would be comparable to an off the shelf one.  Can't remember if i took this one before just after bottling.

Barney are you still trying to get rid of the fuggles?  I'd be willing to take some off you and pick your brain with making a porter/stout in return for a fifa bribe  ;)

danger_zone

Sorry guys I won't actually be able to make it. Its the wife's birthday, I thought we were going out the Saturday for it but we're going out Friday instead

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

I can't make it either, double booked I'm afraid!

itsclinto

Quote from: danger_zone on June 05, 2015, 01:07:14 PM
Sorry guys I won't actually be able to make it. Its the wife's birthday, I thought we were going out the Saturday for it but we're going out Friday instead
Quote from: helmet on June 05, 2015, 10:35:37 PM
I can't make it either, double booked I'm afraid!

Ah here. We can organise a surprise birthday for danger zones wife in the pub around 9. We've a wee county banner, I've got candles, who can bake? Helmet you can't get out of this one! It's important.

My god I'm good   :P

barney

Hi Niall

Let me know how much fuggle you need NO hassle
Can you do a gaa bribe and let louth win the all Ireland next year!?
I work for a bakery so cake sorted Stephen! Just need stripper now anyone?!
Lads should we reschedule? We can its not as if it's a brewery tour!
How would following Friday suit?
And this way we can all go to Stephen wife's party also!
What do we all think please?

itsclinto

Quote from: barney on June 06, 2015, 11:45:52 PM
Let me know how much fuggle you need NO hassle
Can you do a gaa bribe and let louth win the all Ireland next year!?

Thanks brian.  I'll take 200g if you have it.  Enough for a porter and stout.  And the leftovers might make a fuggle smash (its grown on me)  :)
Theres a bribe and then there's not a hope even with a bribe!

I'm easy on Friday if everybody wants to leave it until the 19th

helmet

I'm away on a stag the following weekend, so can't make it either way unfortunately.

danger_zone

Haha sounds good to me lads especially the stripper part but I don't think it would be her cup of tea. Go on ahead with the meetup anyway, no need to reschedule on my account, I don't even have anything to bring with me this month. I was planning on having the raffle kit i won in April but it hasn't even arrived yet

drinking - whiskey stout

cronan

I am free the 12th not free the 19th.

itsclinto

Just to clarify are we going with the 12th or 19th?  Who's gonna cast the deciding vote?  :P

Acott

I'm good for either date, although I won't have anything "drinkable" on the 12th, but should by the 19th!  :)