• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:57 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Ch'ships

Started by Fatcontro11er, December 28, 2017, 01:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatcontro11er

Any of our brewers indendibg to enter the nationals?
I've 4 brewed and one on the go with two more planned before I decide which I'm going to enter.does anyone think a meet up before hand would be useful?
Stuart

Tom

Hi Stuart,

I'm planning a couple. It'll be nice to earn a few medals for our little branch of the NHC. I think it's easier to get beers (and cider) sent down as a group than as a series of individuals, so there's benefit there too.

Ceedee

Same here, planning on at least one entry. A meetup prior would be useful.

Fatcontro11er

The competing entry dates open on the 1st and closing is 29th but there is a limited amount of places  and although the rules for the club cup seem as yet to be finalised it is another insentive for us as a club to get a collective heads together. I think the earlier the better, all things considered!?

irish_goat

I should have 2 or 3 entries as well. Could get a meeting near the end of January. I'll collect the bottles too sure.

brendy_éire

I'll stick in two or three myself, I think.

Does Thursday 25th suit?

Fatcontro11er

Anytime in Jan is good for me! The closing date for entries is the 27th!
Sounds good to me!

Ceedee

The 25th is good for me too.

Ceedee

I see Maiden City got a Gold and a Bronze, congratulations to the brewers (or brewer?)

Any bottles left for our next meet? I wouldn't mind a sample  ;)

Fatcontro11er

Hi Ceedee
Im afraid ive none of the English Golden Ale left but its a beer i brew often so i`ll bring one along to one of the meetings, i did bring it to the last meeting for feed back before the championships which turned out, is a very useful excercise particularly prior to entering these competitions!
Stuart

Tom

Congratulations Stuart! Wouldn't mind a look at your recipe either. Will you be entering it into the British Bitters comp in May?

Fatcontro11er

Tom
Thanks very much!
I never thought about it till now i must look into the details is it open for entries now and where do you get entered?
Stuart

Fatcontro11er

I see it now!Where to enter!