• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:12 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2018 Apple Juice group buy

Started by guest2162, September 19, 2018, 10:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2162

Hi,

I've done a search and can't find any mention of an apple juice group buy this year. Is there any plans for one?

If not, does anybody here have contacts for where i could source some individually?

Thanks, Matt.

LordEoin

Did you just volunteer to organize the 2018 apple juice group buy? Good job!  :laugh:

Try Con Traas:
http://www.theapplefarm.com/about.htm

Jonnycheech

Quote from: AnGhrúdlannBeag on September 19, 2018, 10:42:12 AM
Hi,

I've done a search and can't find any mention of an apple juice group buy this year. Is there any plans for one?

If not, does anybody here have contacts for where i could source some individually?

Thanks, Matt.

Put me down for 2 drums  :laugh:
Tapped: FES, NEIPA, CocoIMS, Flanders 2018, Passion Fruit/Peach BW
Fermentors: Raspberry Wheat, Session IPA
Bottled: Cherry Lambic 2019

mick02

Fair play to that man ... his first post on the forum and he's already arranging group buys!

I'll take 2 as well.
NHC Committee member

Simon_

nigel_c

Welcome and fair play for taking the rains on this.

johnrm

@AnGhrúdlannBeag - have you a van?
The hard bit is distribution.

guest2162

Well that escalated quickly!   :laugh:  ???  :rolleyes:

How does it normally work? I don't have a van, and I live on the west coast so at least that makes distribution about as hard as it can be! :-\

I contacted Cornelius Trass and he gave me a price... do you normally get it all from him?

Please feel free to jump in and tell me the jokes over and there is already a well established team laughing at the sidelines waiting to take over the organisation  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

CH

It's normally 1.5mt or about 65 drums I did 3.2mt one year it's great fun enjoy!

mick02

Quote from: CH on September 20, 2018, 09:06:17 PM
It's normally 1.5mt or about 65 drums I did 3.2mt one year it's great fun enjoy!
Yeah I think we myself and Michéal did 1.6mt last year. You're right CH, everyone should do a juice group buy once in their life.

All joking aside Matt, there is no established team. Last year I borrowed a van and two of us drove down to Tipp and then dropped the juice to Dublin. A long day all in all.

In previous years CH did all the lugging around. It takes planning and a big ass van.
NHC Committee member

LordEoin

This thread is now split to:
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/member-only-group-buys/2018-apple-juice-group-buy-18469/
I look forward to seeing AnGhrúdlannBeag at my door with 50l of Con's finest!
;D ;D

If you're a non-member unfortunately you will not be able to see it or take part.
But that's easy to fix by paying a tenner and becoming a full member.
Other perks include many great discounts, an awesome brewing competition, brewcon, etc
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/chit-chat/gtgtgtgt-membership-how-to-sign-up!/