• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:36 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Converting to Electric Brewery

Started by James, July 17, 2020, 01:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Hi All,

I've been extract brewing for a few years now on a HBC kit with a few additions. What I would ultimately like to do is use my current setup along with a temperature probe controlled by a raspberry pi. I'm not completely sure where to begin though and I hope some of you out there have done this and can advise.

Thanks,

James

pob

The BrewPiLess is possibly a handier (& definitely cheaper) option, it's based on the BrewPi algorithms.

If you have any PCB/solder experience it is relatively easy to setup. You can log on to it through your phone to make any fermenting changes to it.

Here's more info on it; the BrewPiLess is an updated & lighter version of these Review: BrewPi, BrewPi Parts, Building a cheaper BrewPi & BrewPi on the Cheap

mick02

Quote from: James on July 17, 2020, 01:54:06 PMHi All,

I've been extract brewing for a few years now on a HBC kit with a few additions. What I would ultimately like to do is use my current setup along with a temperature probe controlled by a raspberry pi. I'm not completely sure where to begin though and I hope some of you out there have done this and can advise.

Thanks,

James
Yeah a BrewPi(Less) is yer only man, it's probably the best bit of brewing kit I have. Loads and loads of info online. I see Pob has already given you a few places to start. Good luck with it.
NHC Committee member

James

Thanks for the replies everyone, will definitely look into the BrewPi(less) option to start with.