• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Starting Brewing Dublin City Centre

Started by thehoppyending, January 24, 2022, 02:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehoppyending

Howdy all!

My name is Marty. I'm starting to homebrew in a one-bed with a plan and a very patient better half. I've been mocking up my setup in VR for the past week or so which you can see below (given I've also got a new Oculus to play with recently).

My plan is to keep things somewhat minimal. I was going for a brew in the bag method but I'm also attending the Inchicore beer school. I asked in class about the minimal approach and a good argument was made for an all-in-one approach because I have a balcony. Plan is to pick up a Brewster Beacon 40L, cooling coil, bottles, cleaning equipment and a hoppy session IPA recipe along with some piping and a fermenter and to bottle straight off the ferm.

Very little past experience. Watched my Dad brew extract kits for years but had no idea I'd ever be into it. He brewed a few crazy juice bottles too (by accident). I did brew with the father-in-law-elect too, but that was largely in German and I missed most of what he said :D

I guess I have questions right now, will have more in the coming weeks and almost certainly will have some hilarious mistakes to talk about for brewing in such a small space!

DEMPSEY

The Grainfather and their copies are perfect for a small space brewer. They also are great at good repeatable brewing.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

thehoppyending

Quote from: DEMPSEY on January 24, 2022, 03:30:02 PMThe Grainfather and their copies are perfect for a small space brewer. They also are great at good repeatable brewing.

Copies you say? Any recommendations?

irish1759

I looked at the Brewster all in one, and will eventually upgrade to something similar. I know geterbrewed do a started kit, with everything including the ferminator.im still getting my head around the basics at the moment and mainly doing kits and wine.
But this is the link to their all grain starter kit https://www.geterbrewed.ie/jump-straight-into-all-grain-starter-kit/

thehoppyending

Quote from: irish1759 on January 25, 2022, 12:13:19 PMI looked at the Brewster all in one, and will eventually upgrade to something similar. I know geterbrewed do a started kit, with everything including the ferminator.im still getting my head around the basics at the moment and mainly doing kits and wine.
But this is the link to their all grain starter kit https://www.geterbrewed.ie/jump-straight-into-all-grain-starter-kit/

Just followed you on Instagram. What a fantastic idea! Looking forward to following. Lots of people say kids stop them brewing, so brilliant to see a completely new take! Also jealous of your ferminator. Just don't have the space for that....yet.

I've made the insane call of going all-in early. Brewster Beacon 40L. I figure, I'm going to upgrade to it someday, so best take the hit now before I get overheads!

to add to the craic, I'm going to do a custom(ish) recipe. The good folks over at Hope gave me a steer on their Hop On recipe and I got some help from Des who's leading the charge at the Inchicore Night School beer school. To say I'm expecting something to go completely wrong due to me being an idiot is an understatement

irish1759

Thanks for the follow, she loves helping. She would have me brewing everyday if she could, also wanted me to give up work and open a beer factory  :D  in our attic. Showed her the set up Rye River has, so she only wants a mini beer factory now.
Order few more kits for us to do with the ferminator which I'll post soon