• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:35:47 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Anyone want a whiskey barrel?

Started by admin, April 11, 2013, 10:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

April 11, 2013, 10:05:16 AM Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:13:36 AM by Il Tubo
See this thread:
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1363960949/45

Would make an interesting group project where we'd buy between us and fill between us, and leave for 6 months to age etc.

I was going to take one, but realistically I don't have the space to store it in my shed.

imark

It would be nice but space is a big issue for me too. Also, how would you keep it a suitable temperature for extended period.

Any Liffey brewers with a cellar?

Snuff

Sorry, I don't have the space either.
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

Bubbles

Folks,

If anyone fancies making a contribution to the South Dublin Brewers barrel, we could use another few participants.

The barrel will be sited in Blackrock, and at the moment we're looking at an Imperial Porter type recipe devised by Rossa, which includes lots of amber, brown and black malts.

Sign-up here:
http://nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,2150.0.html

Cheers.

Snuff

As long as you don't mind a smokey stout :P, I will do a brew for this as well....

1. Tube
2. Dodge
3. CARA
4. Snuff
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

RichC

How many 20Litre brews will this thing hold?

lordstilton

Chalk me down if the date suits
1. Tube
2. Dodge
3. CARA
4. Snuff
5. Lordstilton

brenmurph

ah go on....someone add me on de list

brenmurph

grand  I'm easy, I suppose itll have  2 b a strong beer to survive a gud few months?

If ye dont find a celler or suitable store I can offer a full shade lean-to and giv it a drafty corner.

Re temp control, id say being wood itll have gud insulation properties so the beer temp will stay an avg of night & day temp in summer, dat shud b cool enough?

Dodge

Looks good. I agree that we should do an imperial stout, keeping the recipe simply to the style and allow the barrel to work its magic.

I have said that I can brew 2 batches to help fill it but please if there is others that want to join, I'll reduce my contribution to just 20l. This should be a lovely beer for x-mas time

brenmurph

maybe a kildare brewday can do one and add it if no one else does.  It may be an extra novely for our next event. Either way if nessesery I have do exra; I have de capacity

CARA

Crystal would be my preferred grain there also, looking good!
Upa Sesh

brenmurph

brenmurph

Ive no brown malt but crystal ebc 250

wat yeast and hops?

brenmurph

Grand, im sure we can banter on sat.