• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 12:55:40 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Ciderhead

Started by Ciderhead, December 04, 2012, 12:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

Hacking around this site for a couple of months now, so should really post something here.
Got into brewing years ago in UK with kits, you really haven't tasted pish unless you brewed bitter from kits 20 years ago. 4 Years ago somebody offered me 4 builders buckets of sweet apples, and 50 litres later and some uber-dry cider I re-launched my HB interest.
Starting with the obligatory coopers kits 2 years ago(I believe I still have a canadian blonde in the garage) I progressed straight to AG with a push from a local Stout AG brewer, who uses Bog Myrtle! None of that boil in the bag rice malarky for me!
Loved making all the bits from scratch, plastic bucket hlt, mash tun, fly sparge, boiler, copper chiller coil, kegging fridge, lager fridge. 3 stc-1000 to control hlt and fridge and a spare!
But if any one of you ever tell my missus how much I have spent in the last 2 years on bits your dead.
My youf has a lot to blame for my fav beer styles, light ales, pils etc. One thing that NHC is doing for me is broadening my taste buds to the darker side :)