• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 12:23:59 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

hey all.

Started by popcon n tickles, December 14, 2012, 02:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcon n tickles

havent brewed anything yet... as in beer..
have some country style wines on the go and a couple of batches of cider that should be ready in a few weeks...
living in drogheda here and just wondering are there any home brew shops close by? i do get most of my equipment off the net but sometimes it would be nice to just take a spin and pick stuff up.. thanks for reading  :)

popcon n tickles

thanks for your relpy.is there any shops in dublin? i have checked the net but found only one in rathmines drove up there and it was closed down  :-/

JimmyM

Quotethanks for your relpy.is there any shops in dublin? i have checked the net but found only one in rathmines drove up there and it was closed down  :-/
Bummer! Yeah "my beer and wine",  it closed down at least 6 months ago if not more.
Unfortunatley the nearest shop is actually thehomebrewcompany.ie in mountmelloc tipperary.
Homebrewwest have their shop in galway close to the city.
Homebrew.ie used to operat in athlone - but thy're gone now too.

Tescos have started to stock stuff there's a thread on here about which ones do.
Formerly JamesM.

popcon n tickles

thanks guys  ;),
have been down to mountmellick a couple of times now and usually get all my stuff through the net from there.the staff are very helpfull  :). its a pain when your looking for bits straight away and have to wait a couple of days and then trying to arrange for somebody to be home to sign for the stuff.. ah well such is life.. thanks again.

JimmyM

haha yeah me geography is up me arse - I just know I pass a sign for it on the way down to waterford.
Formerly JamesM.

popcon n tickles

will defo check out tescos and that offy in sundrive as my mams not to far from there  :)

Will_D

Quotehavent brewed anything yet... as in beer..
have some country style wines on the go and a couple of batches of cider that should be ready in a few weeks...
living in drogheda here and just wondering are there any home brew shops close by? i do get most of my equipment off the net but sometimes it would be nice to just take a spin and pick stuff up.. thanks for reading  :)

Welcome to the site!

Living in Drogheda you could become our most northerly "North County Brewer"!

Check out the thread here: http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=NorthCountyBrewers

We will be meeting up in Swords in the New year and ye'd be more than welcome. There is no need to bring a ber to these sort of meetings. If you have some fine, if not, no problem.

Talking of problems if you brew a beer you are not happy with then this is a "must bring to the meeting" as the beer heads will help sort out what it is, how it happened and how to avoid it.

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing