• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:00:24 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hi Pete here

Started by Peter, December 21, 2012, 03:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Hi Guys, just found the site, been doing HB since last summer, mainly kits and have just bottled 50 lts of fresh cider.
Brews that ive been using are "mangners" elderflower and apple cider, "coopers" pale ale, larger (which is amazing), "make your own" pilsner and larger, did a cloudy apple cider (slightly dry but with a dash of lemonade, brings it to another level), did a 1 gallon spiced apple cider for xmas which looks good to open soon.
Bottling am using the coopers 24x 500 ml bit of a pain already and might look into kergs.
will be asking loads more Q's soon, and have marked in the Comp for March 2013, Great to find the site and Merry Xmas everyone.
Pete

Spud395

Welcome aboard Pete, what part of the country are you in?
Non modo......sed etiam

Peter

LordEoin

Welcome Pete. Bottling can be a bit of a balls alright, but once they're bottled I wouldn't trade the convenience of being able to just stick 3 or 4 different types into the kitchen fridge ;)
Some day I'll probably just get sick of it all though and make a kegerator...

Spud395

Speaking as a new kegger, it's the bomb. A couple of minutes compared to a few hours work, It's one of my favorite upgrades I've made
Non modo......sed etiam

rukkus

+1 on that one. Add a beer gun and you have the best of both worlds. Nice cold kegged beer and the ability to fill bottles as you need them :D