• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:21:41 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Not a newbie!

Started by Lush_Bag, January 04, 2013, 09:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush_Bag

Hello fellow lush bag's, I've been home-brewing kit's for over 20 years so I kind of know what I'm doing. I can only drink my brews one night a week as I drive 6 days a week for a living. Would like to make contact with other brewers in Sligo to exchange idea's etc.

Ciderhead

January 04, 2013, 10:07:09 PM #1 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:07:31 PM by Ciderhead
Welcome aboard lush bag, wow kits for 20 years now that must of been like watching Darwins theory of evolution as kits used to be shockers.
Extract or all grain on your radar? ;)

Lush_Bag

I've never seen anyone else making their own beer using all the ingredients and the mash etc, so, having no-one to ask questions I plodded along with my kit-made beers and very happy I am too. To be honest, I couldn't be bothered with all work involved in making it myself, there's probably not an awful lot of difference in the taste (I've never tasted the grain made stuff either), forgive me if I'm wrong on that, but I'm happy and contented the way things are.

Ciderhead

QuoteI've never seen anyone else making their own beer using all the ingredients and the mash etc, so, having no-one to ask questions I plodded along with my kit-made beers and very happy I am too. To be honest, I couldn't be bothered with all work involved in making it myself, there's probably not an awful lot of difference in the taste (I've never tasted the grain made stuff either), forgive me if I'm wrong on that, but I'm happy and contented the way things are.

Fair play you are right to do what's right for you.
If you get a chance at any stage come along to one of the brew sessions just to see what we all warble on about.

Lush_Bag

I might just do that but as I work 6 days a week (self employed - usually off on Wednesdays) it might be easier said than done.