• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 01:52:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello!

Started by Dara, January 20, 2013, 02:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dara

Hi all,

Just to say hello. Being lurking around this site for a bit but haven't posted too much. Living in Cork and have headed along to a few great meet-ups in the Franciscan well - missed last night's meet-up :'( I've done a bit of experimenting; made cheep high octane booze (circa. early '90's - non-descript yeast, concentrated orange juice, Ribena...nasty hangovers). Tried a few kits from Eason's on Pana (circa. mid 90's - +more sugar...nasty hangovers, nose bleeds + several panicked students in A&E). Didn't really think about brewing until a chance meeting with someone who knew what he was doing (2007 - lashings of hops and grains...impressive beers, moderate hangover - set the seed once more). Lived in Belgium for a bit which spurred some more interest.  Returned home a couple years ago and tried a few kits - was happy with results so had a go at all grain last year and so far so good! Don't get to brew very often but I'm enjoying every minute. Really enjoying this hobby and trying beers that I probably would have never tried otherwise. Anyway that's me.

Dara
drinking - Brown porters (plain/oak aged/vanilla)
conditioning - American Amber (Jamil's evil twin)
Fermenting - air

DEMPSEY

Welcome aboard Dara, your journey through your homebrewing life has a familar ring to it and many people here reading it will recognise it's truth :).
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

IsMise

For sure for sure Dara, I was that soldier back in the day, with the kits out of Eason's. I still havent progressed to AG yet, having too much fun hacking kits and enjoying the results! Welcome aboard.
Is Mise,