• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 08:46:16 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Barrel #1 Refill

Started by Dodge, November 03, 2015, 10:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge

Ok after deliberating here is the list of people and there quota

dodge 20l
Lordstilton 20l
imark 20 - 40L
Eanna - 20L (or 25 if it suits)
GarLo 20L
DEMPSEY 20L
DamienE 20L
Person X 20L
Eoin 50L

Can we all look at brewing dates as I want to get the barrel filled soon and not leave it too long

Looking at 28/29th or following week.

Those that brew sooner to that date can start ferment with neutral yeast. I will try to collect after work around 5pm when individuals are ready and it suits. We can also look at organizing meeting up etc at a common place once dates are set for collection

imark

eanna

I'm picking up grain for this from Mountmellick on Tuesday, if anyone wants me to pick up another order, send me a pm.

imark

Quote from: Dodge on November 10, 2015, 09:57:55 PM
Ok here is a recipe for the Flanders Red. I'd like to get the barrel filled in 3-4weeks time so let me know how this time frame suits everyone. It gives everyone time to get ingredients or suggest changes.

2.38kg Pilsner
2.38kg Vienna
227g wheat malt
450g Munich
227g Aromatic
227g CaraMunich
227g Special B
23g 5% EKG

I'd like to get a few packs of Roselare Yeast ( qty 4) so may ask for a little donation if we split it between everyone contributing.

Closer to brewday and refill, individuals can start fermentation with neutral yeast. I'll add the culture in the barrel

Let me know what you all think so we can plan

Roger, There are various aromatic malts ranging from 50-400EBC. I presume we're looking for the light stuff?
https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/best-cara-aromatic-malt-whole-bestmalz-50-ebc-500g-p-3069.html

lordstilton

Rodger..is Monday the 30th ok for you..I can brew on the day and drop it straight out to you

DEMPSEY

There is a large range of EBC color in the special malts so which do we use. :-\
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Dodge

Sorry for the delay. I used the light Aromatic malt the last time but if you have picked up darker malt I'd say go with it.

Can we put up a list of when everyone intends to brew?

DamienE

eanna

DamienE Saturday 28th
Eanna Friday 27th

lordstilton

DamienE Saturday 28th
Eanna Friday 27th
Lordstilton 30th

imark

DamienE Saturday 28th
Eanna Friday 27th
Lordstilton 30th
imark Saturday 28th

eanna

Just finished - 21L at 1.067. Pitched US-05

imark

I'm mashed in now. Will update my volume and gravity when I'm done this evening.

DamienE

20 litres & 1.065 S04 pitched

imark