• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 22, 2024, 01:31:38 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Magnum Ultimate Pinot Grigio

Started by Drzava, November 16, 2015, 09:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drzava

First step up for me to a slightly more 'premium' white wine kit (€40/€50 depending on where you're buying). Advertised as a 2 - 3 weeks kit which had me fearing the worst in some ways as the one weeks kits I did previously took up to five weeks! However, this went according to plan. OG 1.078 made up to 21.5L - 23L would leave you with very weak wine. Fermentation mostly complete in 9 days - however business and laziness meant I left it in the FV for a month which was probably no bad thing. FG 0.994 (11% ABV). By the time I racked off, most of the yeast had dropped out; the finings worked much better than others I've tried before leaving clear wine after 2 days. Bottled yesterday and got 27.5 bottles. Wine looks great - much much better than my previous kits and nearly 'professional'. Taste is decent - actually tastes like wine unlike my last kit! Probably best with a few weeks ageing but the wife likes it already!

Drzava

Did a Country White version of this kit recently. Not as successful as the PG - still a bit cloudy. Taste is OK - a bit watery.