• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 01:12:57 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hi and a favour

Started by maebhin, February 22, 2016, 09:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

1. Where do you go to buy craft beer? Molloys off licence Nutgrove shopping centre
2. Are you brand loyal ? No
3. Does a strong brand help to sell the beer to you or is it all about taste ? Packaging definitely has an impact and draws you to pick the beer.
4. How many brands have you tried ? 30+
5. Is buying locally produced beer important to you ? Yes
6. Are you more likely to go for a bottle conditioned beer ? No
7. How much is fair value for a 500ml bottle of 'decent' craft beer ? €3-€3.50
8. Do you look for unusual flavours in craft beers ? Yes but in a good way
9. Would you think less of a brand if you saw it in a discount supermarket ? No but id check the sell by date just incase
10. Would you be suspicious to see a premium brand suddenly at a low price ? Yes
10. Have you experienced 'brand fatigue' with all the new beers coming to market ? Yes
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

Chris

1. Where do you go to buy craft beer?
Anywhere I can.
2. Are you brand loyal ? No
3. Does a strong brand help to sell the beer to you or is it all about taste ? Taste
4. How many brands have you tried ? Loads
6. Are you more likely to go for a bottle conditioned beer ? No
7. How much is fair value for a 500ml bottle of 'decent' craft beer ? €2.50
8. Do you look for unusual flavours in craft beers ? I don't actively look for them but like trying them when I come across them.
9. Would you think less of a brand if you saw it in a discount supermarket ? No
10. Would you be suspicious to see a premium brand suddenly at a low price ? No
10. Have you experienced 'brand fatigue' with all the new beers coming to market ? Yes
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Bazza

1. Where do you go to buy craft beer? Wherever I see it. Mostly Vineyard (Belfast), Tesco, Sainsburys and Winemark
2. Are you brand loyal ? Nope, but I do lean towards local when I can
3. Does a strong brand help to sell the beer to you or is it all about taste ? Taste alone. A polished turd is still a turd.
4. How many brands have you tried ? Numerous.
6. Are you more likely to go for a bottle conditioned beer ? Not necessarily
7. How much is fair value for a 500ml bottle of 'decent' craft beer ? £2.00 (sterling)
8. Do you look for unusual flavours in craft beers ?  Moreso now than before, due to the increasing amount of similar tasting beers appearing from all corners.
9. Would you think less of a brand if you saw it in a discount supermarket ? Nope. St. Austell's Proper Job is now £1.50 in Tesco. 2 years ago you couldn't get it outside of Cornwall. Guess it depends if you count Tesco as 'discount'.
10. Would you be suspicious to see a premium brand suddenly at a low price ? Nope. See answer to #9
11. Have you experienced 'brand fatigue' with all the new beers coming to market ? Definitely getting there. See answer to #8

HTH,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx