• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 04:58:27 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Calling all Home Brewers

Started by maeve, July 05, 2016, 01:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maeve

Are you dedicated to the process of making a perfectly home brewed beer? Do you roast the malt or boil the wort in the garden shed, or spare bedroom? Do you dedicate endless time and effort into crafting a beer that has its very own unique taste?

If so, Sweet Media are looking for Home Brewers from across Ireland to appear in an TV commercial; which aims to highlight the dedication and passion all Home Brewers give to their craft.

If interested, please contact Maeve or Sinéad with your details : maevekenny@gmail.com / sineadmurphy77@gmail.com

pob

Hi Maeve,
Without giving to much away, are your clients an existing or new brewery?

Leann ull

July 05, 2016, 04:03:51 PM #2 Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:18:45 PM by CH
Quote from: maeve on July 05, 2016, 01:34:18 PM

If so, Sweet Media are looking for Home Brewers from across Ireland to appear in an TV commercial; which aims to highlight the dedication and passion all Home Brewers give to their craft.

Sweetmedia have some heavy hitters as clients, we all are dedicated but weary of how we are portrayed, as Pob says perhaps you could throw a bit more light of what your objective is and then we can offer you the best help?
pm any of the officers of the club for a fuller conversation, Dempsey, Irish Goat or Partridge.
ps why are you using gmail and not a company email address?

pob

You might have gotten more respect had you not scatter-gunned every sub forum here.

I'm surprised someone who dealt in digital media doesn't realise how a forum works & that sometimes less is more.

So are you looking for 'Probably the best Homebrewers in the world'?

pob

Maeve/Sinead,
As opposed to trying to post the same info in all our sub forums (& having them removed again - we don't like spamming), could you have the courtesy of giving us a brief summary of what your trying to achieve, whats required & expected of anyone who wants to get involved; is there any remuneration, who is the client/product, when are they required, for how long, etc.
There may be many who are interested but would perhaps like more info before committing.

Lee

I have been approached by a friend of mine about this. He is looking for pics of setups and some info on when and why I brew. I was a wee bit sceptical so I posted on my usual FB home brew page and red lights came up on it straight away. Now I can see that from the original post and the response of others the original source has gone quiet????????

Lee

Has anyone thought of maybe contacting sweet media????

irish_goat

I've been told they'll be in touch with myself soon.

Lee

Greg2013

In the interest of clarity myself and Lee talked a little about this on FB and i made him aware Sweet Media had spammed the forum here,i suggested he post on here for more info so i must thank him for posting the response he got from Sweet Media. ;D

However as i told Lee the response he got still does not explain a thing about content or intent,it is in my mind at least intentionally vague and entirely unsatisfactory from a supposedly professional company(i know nothing about them btw).No info on what they want or what they are going to do with any info they receive,no indication of the setup of this "thing",no indication of what the end product is aimed at or even supposed to look like. ???

"Here sham bring this package through customs for me,but i wont tell you what it is or why i want you to take it,or what the end result might be" this is what Sweet Media are asking atm,very suss and unprofessional. ???
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

maeve

Hi,
Apologies for the vagueness in the previous post and for posting on too many pages on your forum(I'm new to these forums so wasn't aware of the etiquette). I'm employed in a freelance capacity to find people for a television commercial featuring home brewers.  The commercial is for a large Irish drinks manufacturer and aims to celebrate the dedication to home brewing. We're happy to discuss the details of this directly with people when we're talking to them and we can answer any questions. Everyone will be paid for appearing in the commercial of course and I'm very happy to talk to people and explain a little more about the project.

Maeve

kev

Sounds like Diageo is planning some advertising for the Smithwicks homebrew comp  :o

darren996

Do these '' large drink manufacturers '' not make enough money without trying to align themselves and their product with craft and home brewing, which couldn't be any further from the truth..

Will_D

The ad. could also run along the lines of:

"Look at these nerds trying to brew good beer in their sheds!

Why don't they stop wasting their time and drink our beers"
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

darren996

Quote from: Will_D on July 07, 2016, 09:48:17 AM
The ad. could also run along the lines of:

"Look at these nerds trying to brew good beer in their sheds!

Why don't they stop wasting their time and drink our beers"
You in marketing game Will?