• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:05:28 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

First time smoking meat : need advice

Started by Acott, August 25, 2016, 10:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Those guys are in Bray and selling drums as well. Not sure if can get just one ...
http://www.industrialpackaging.ie/

Eoin

Quote from: Jacob on September 07, 2016, 12:37:03 PM
Anyone going to Wexford any time soon? :)

I will be next month. I'll be picking up one of those barrels. I might be able to get another one or two into the estate if I drop the back seats.....

Eoin

Quote from: CH on September 07, 2016, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: Eoin on September 07, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

I'd love to see a local link if there is one.

http://bigpoppasmokers.co.uk/BIG-POPPA-SMOKERS-DRUMSMOKER-KIT

Ah yeah, I know that one, I was looking for someone locally who's already done the importation to see if they can make postage reasonable, that said I haven't checked postage yet.

Ahh reading again, I can see it's .co.uk, nice one CH.

Jacob

Leann ull

Was thinking parcel motel from uk not sure size of the package

eanna

Quote from: CH on September 07, 2016, 07:40:37 PM
Was thinking parcel motel from uk not sure size of the package

I got mine through parcel motel. Had to collect in their depot in finglas as it was too large for the boxes. I also got an extra rack for it on Hop Bombs recommendation. He was spot on with that idea.

For paint I used 3 cans of matte BBQ spray paint. Gloss would have been better I'd imagine.

I'm smoking for the Liffey brewers this weekend, I'll try to take a few pics.

Acott

Lads, how are ye smoking in the winter months? Do you still smoke or do you just wait out winter? I imagine keeping temps is a PITA!

Hop Bomb

BPS is sold out. I just bought the same kit from Bristol Drum Smokers on twitter. I think he is the one buying up all the BPS kits.

Im putting one together for a mates wedding present this weekend. Lucky to have a virgin unlined & unpainted barrel this time round so no need for the extra days work burning & grinding off lining & paint.

You dont need to buy a kit to make a ugly drum smoker. Just look at their facebook page for inspiration. Everything you need can be bought at the hardware shop & some old bbqs

Anyone any interest in stainless steel new barrels?  If we can get a few im sure a supplier would sell us a few.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

googoomuck

@irishcharcoal on Twitter have some kits available.
I live close to the lady selling the drums in Wexford. I can pick one up for you and store if ya like. I'm getting married tomorrow though so I won't get over to her for a while with the honeymoon.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hop Bomb

Quote from: Acott on September 08, 2016, 08:27:58 AM
Lads, how are ye smoking in the winter months? Do you still smoke or do you just wait out winter? I imagine keeping temps is a PITA!

Wind is the only issue. It needs shelter so you dont burn through your fuel too quick. Never had issues maintaining temp even in heavy rain & cold.

Hop Bomb

Quote from: googoomuck on September 08, 2016, 11:48:04 AM
@irishcharcoal on Twitter have some kits available.
I live close to the lady selling the drums in Wexford. I can pick one up for you and store if ya like. I'm getting married tomorrow though so I won't get over to her for a while with the honeymoon.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Does the lady have new stainless steel unlined barrels?