• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 09, 2024, 03:34:11 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Club Cup 2017

Started by irish_goat, February 16, 2017, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmet

We weren't aware of a one-brewer-one-beer stipulation and nominated 5 beers from 3 brewers. Can we get a final word on this and I can get back to the club as soon as possible about nominating 2 more if needs be.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

LASERBOY147

Quote from: Bubbles on February 17, 2017, 08:52:27 AM
Quote from: LASERBOY147 on February 17, 2017, 08:00:46 AM
& y DIPA needs a wee bit xtra time to carb. Tytyty in advance for keeping dipa cat til next leg if possible.

Are you for real?

In 5 years that's the first time I've ever seen anyone asking to have categories reorganised to give their beer the best chance of winning.. you do realise that specific judges are already lined up to judge certain categories?
woh woh woh there dude relax seriously. . No one's asking for the cats to be changed since I don't have knowledge of what cats are grouped for each day of judging. You just took a tongue and cheek comment that was specifically meant to lighten the post i made, and made it into something it isn't . Take a moment and think. Do you honestly think someone is asking for a judging day to be rearranged
. I'm pretty certain you don't genuinely think that at all.

mick02

I think the rules should be relaxed this year at least and that the 5 beers that are entered are eligible for the club cup.

If a club enters 5 beers from 3 different brewers then it shouldn't be penalised imo.

It needs to be clarified in plenty of time for next years competition though.
NHC Committee member

Bubbles

Quote from: helmet on February 17, 2017, 01:50:16 PM
We weren't aware of a one-brewer-one-beer stipulation and nominated 5 beers from 3 brewers. Can we get a final word on this and I can get back to the club as soon as possible about nominating 2 more if needs be.

We're also doing 5 beers from 3 brewers, based on the following in the OP.

QuoteClubs may nominate multiple beers from 1 brewer.

Some clarification would be great.

Jonnycheech

How about to make it inclusive for all brewers within a club, and to bring about some sort of weighting system, every brewer within a club that is entering the competition gets to put one beer forward for the Club Cup.   

For the beers to be valid for the Club Cup they must be brought to a meet and verified. This should get around the issue of new members putting down a club as their own, even though they have never been to a meet and know nothing about the BJCP and how the system works. The beers are then logged at the meet by a rep and then passed on to the comp organisers. The scores/medals of these beers can then be tallied and divided by the amount of entires per club. Scores are more straight forward but if you want to go with medals you could assign points to the different medal classes i.e Gold=3, Silver=2, Bronze=1.

Seems a fair way of including all brewers within a club and actually shows the quality of brewing across the whole club, not just 3 - 5 members of a club.

Obviously it relies on the honesty of the individual clubs in selecting and verifying the beers. If a member is entering a beer and it has been brought to a Club Cup meet it has to be put forward. Exceptions to this rule maybe if a beer is infected or it does not fit a BJCP style.

This shows the true standard of brewing within a club, it is the Club Cup is it not?
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

irish_goat

Original plan was 1 per brewer but as clubs weren't sure on the rules some nominated more than one. Guessing it's a bit late in the game now for clubs to change their nomination so we'll have to leave it like that.

Apologies for the confusion, between the nationals, BrewCon and my mrs booking me 9 days of travelling at a very inopportune time it's all crept up on us. Have thoughts in mind on how to help things go a lot smoother next year and nail the Club Cup down once and for all.

delzep

phoenix

Capital are entering 5 beers from one brewer just to mix it up a bit
Ciaran

Leann ull

What happened to all that inclusive BS
Let me guess...
Glad to say GCB have 5 beers from 4 quality brewers, 2 of which are only brewing AG for 12 months

CC

disclaimer: the following is not to be taken seriously. it's only a bit of messin...

i think all the other clubs should graciously decide to give the club cup to capital brewers.  because when we all think about it, and if we're honest with ourselves, they are really the bestest club of all.

next christmas i'm going to ask santa to let me be in their gang.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Andy__

;D We only have 4 beers from 3 brewers, since we didn't know there was a club cup can we nominate all 4 and count the highest 1 twice? ;D

phoenix

Quote from: Bubbles on February 17, 2017, 02:38:34 PM
We're also doing 5 beers from 3 brewers

No shit, sure yous only have three members
Ciaran

Hingo

Quote from: CC on February 17, 2017, 05:33:43 PM

i think all the other clubs should graciously decide to give the club cup to capital brewers.  because when we all think about it, and if we're honest with ourselves, they are really the bestest club of all.

next christmas i'm going to ask santa to let me be in their gang.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Best thing I've read on this forum in Months. Give that man a seat at the Capital Christmas Party

fishjam45 (Colin)

I'm sure there's one lad who'll have to disagree  :P :P :P
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

rebel

Lee Valley Brewing club entries pm