• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:21:33 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2017 ch'ships

Started by Fatcontro11er, February 19, 2017, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatcontro11er

irish_goat

Deadly! Well done Stuart!

DEMPSEY

I will give Irish Goat your medal when I meet him at Alfie's or direct to you if you are coming down to it.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Fatcontro11er

Fatcontro11er

Where can I find out which cats were all judged on sat as I'm wondering what I have left in yet to be judged?

irish_goat

Quote from: Fatcontro11er on February 20, 2017, 01:23:36 PM
Where can I find out which cats were all judged on sat as I'm wondering what I have left in yet to be judged?

Any cats not mentioned here basically. http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/competitions/kildare-calling-round-1-results!!!/

Fatcontro11er

I wasn't sure which categories had been amalgamated tbh!
That's why I wasn't sure which had already been judged!?
Hopefully you know what I mean!?

irish_goat

Quote from: Fatcontro11er on February 20, 2017, 01:37:01 PM
I wasn't sure which categories had been amalgamated tbh!
That's why I wasn't sure which had already been judged!?
Hopefully you know what I mean!?

Ah I get you. Checked the system and you've two let to be judged; Your wit and old ale.

Fatcontro11er

Thanks Thomas!
The German pils was judged on sat too!- it was a hard one to brew I think there's was a particular flaw perhaps with that one!
Was the apa a strong cat on sat?

mick02

Hey Stuart,

I asked the same question regarding the APA category. There were 17 entries in total.

I think it was the most popular category on the day.

Mick
NHC Committee member

Fatcontro11er

I did think it must have been a popular one, it must have been tight too as there was an HM as well as the 3 places!

mick02

I was talking to the judges after the competition as I had a beer in there myself. They told me that the gold scored a 41 or 42, they told me that second and third were in the 35-37 range. This was well into the evening though so memories were getting a little hazy!!!
NHC Committee member

Fatcontro11er

The one I sent in I was quite happy with in the end , I had two brewed  to choose from and I'm not sure how much better I could have done with it for competition, so I think that's where the crit sheets come in very useful!

mick02

Quote from: Fatcontro11er on February 21, 2017, 03:55:29 PM
The one I sent in I was quite happy with in the end , I had two brewed  to choose from and I'm not sure how much better I could have done with it for competition, so I think that's where the crit sheets come in very useful!

Honorable mention in a tough category is a good achievement. Congrats on your silver medal too!
NHC Committee member

Fatcontro11er

Oh aye it is a good! Although it wasn't me got the honourable mention!
I did get a silver in the blonde ales cat- well pleased with that- thNks mick!