• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:25 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Re-carbonating cider

Started by brendy_éire, January 11, 2018, 10:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendy_éire

I've made a batch of cider, but it's just not carbonated enough. Normally it'd not be an issue, but I think this batch could really benefit from a bit of extra fizz.
Any handy tips to solve this? Would emptying all the bottles back into a fermenter and batch priming be the handiest just?

nigel_c

More likely it introduce and infection then fizz. Chill as low as you can. pour off about a shot and add boiled sugar water and re cap.

LordEoin

or if you have a co2 setup you could get a carb cap and fizz them up as you go in an old 2liter plastic bottle.
It only takes a couple of minutes.

brendy_éire

Quote from: nigel_c on January 11, 2018, 10:32:45 PM
More likely it introduce and infection then fizz. Chill as low as you can. pour off about a shot and add boiled sugar water and re cap.

No CO2 set up, so I think I'll go with this.  Thanks.

eeiths

Quote from: brendy_éire on January 11, 2018, 10:04:33 PM
I've made a batch of cider, but it's just not carbonated enough. Normally it'd not be an issue, but I think this batch could really benefit from a bit of extra fizz.
Any handy tips to solve this? Would emptying all the bottles back into a fermenter and batch priming be the handiest just?
What is the SG ..?
Is there still some residual sugar present ..?
What temperature is it stored at..?
If there is some residual sugar available and the temp is high enough then you might consider something drastic like re- pitching yeast. Otherwise add some sugar if required and heat it up a bit.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk