• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 09:24:07 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

RIP Mr Will Davis

Started by nigel_c, June 07, 2020, 10:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel_c

June 07, 2020, 10:57:16 PM Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 05:47:45 AM by nigel_c
It is with great sadness I post the passing of one one North county brewers finest. Sadly Will passed away last Thursday morning. One of the most warm hearted, helpful, eccentrically brilliant men I have had the pleasure the call a friend.

The north county brewers very first meetup consisted of Will in the 44 swords. Since then Will went well above and beyond to help the growing of his club on the side. We could never compete with his beloved Malahide rugby club.

If you ask any of our members you will be hard to find one that has not taken a piece of wisdom from one of Wills posts on the forum or if they were lucky enough, have a lesson in person.

For the club Will was always there to help out with judging regional & national competitions.Helping our at the RDS and Allteck as well as many other events.

I first met Will back in the Beoir meet ups in the Bull & castle about 10 years ago. Since then I've been proud to stand beside him seeing his North county brewers grow and expand. He was always so happy when he got new members and I always got a call after a successful meetup.

Will will be greatly missed my all in the North county and I'm sure as a club as a whole.

A book of condolences is below for anyone who wants to pay their respects

https://rip.ie/cb.php?dn=425378

NCB will be having a pint or 2 for Will on Tuesday night on a zoom call.
Anyone looking to come on and have a pint and share a story is more then welcome. PM me and I'll send on the zoom details.

DEMPSEY

I can echo all said above, a great and wonderful person hat will be missed.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

johnrm

mick02

A huge loss to all that knew him. He left a great legacy some of which can be seen on the pages of this very forum.

R.I.P Will.
NHC Committee member

brian_c

He was one of those people you thought would always be there. One of the first I'd seek out for a chat after arriving at a meet. He is going to be missed.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Smallbeer

Just seeing this now.
Never met Will, never spoke to him, but always read and enjoyed his informative posts.
Condolences to his family,he will be missed on this forum.

RIP Will.