• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:56 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hi from Kildare

Started by Mr.Bucket, January 26, 2022, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Bucket

:D
Hi Everyone.

I've been brewing for about a year now.
With beer I've stuck to hopapocalypse kits and have really good results.
Made some hedgerow wine (mixed results) and am experimenting with cider & wine kits ATM.

This year I'd like to take the next step in beer brewing but I don't know what that is so I'll be asking you! 8)

Thanks for having me.
Buckets of fun!

CWalsh

Welcome,

good to hear you are getting to learn the basics and fundamentals. No matter how much you progress and further learn, you will always be using the skills you learn at the beginning. If you are looking to make the next step up then it would be kit hacking which is easy enough or extract kits which would involve liquid malts which is similar to what you would use in your current kits and it would introduce grains and hops. No need to go rushing up into anything though, only once you are happy with what you are currently doing and ready for the next step. It definitely gets a lot more fun and hands on when you make the step up though.

You should look at joining into a local brew club around your area too. What part of Kildare are you in?

Mr.Bucket

Thanks C,

When I first decided to try brewing I swore I wouldn't rush in and buy loads of gear  8)  (all off adverts so far !).
I said if I'm still brewing after 8 kits I'd step it up.
I'm getting close to 8 now with one kit in the bucket and one lined up !
Buckets of fun!

johnrm

Welcome Mr. Bucket
Soon to be Mr. Conical  :)