• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 30, 2024, 02:29:28 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Are Liffey Brewers the laziest and least organised club?

Started by delzep, June 12, 2013, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

Next meet I will bring any or all of the following

1   Traditional Dusseldorf Altbier ( ale yeast and lagered)
2   Peat smoked Dana beer (lager yeast and lagered)  This is made with DANA hops but Dana refers to "all kinds of everything" :D
3   Traditional North German Altbier (Lager yeast and lagered)
4   Summer Spruce ale (should be ready on time)

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

brenmurph

sure will... Reuben, making the spruce beer tomorra, at Kildare brew day, ur very welcome in case u hadnt seen the notice about it

Weiss

Quote from: mcgrath on June 13, 2013, 02:47:42 PM
Maybe have a poll about the BJCP style score sheets being used. Personally I like the relaxed nature of the meets and hate when the score sheets come out. Its too much like work.

+1.

From my own point of view, I'm into very limited beer types, usually just wheat beers, porter and stout. Me giving feedback on pale ales, lager or red beers just doesn't work!!!  :)
"The world is my lobster"-Keith O'Neill.

delzep

If there was some sorting of scoring sheets, not everyone has to be involved if they don't want to. If there was 12 people at a meeting, I'm sure a brewer would be happy to have scoresheets from even half that amount so long as they are getting feedback in some way

Blueshed

might be a good idea just to pick 2 or 3 of the beers to score, if we were to score all the beers we would never get home  :)

also the idea of picking a style of beer to brew for a certain month is a good idea. it's June now so imo we should pick a style of beer for August onwards.

people can brew and bring what ever beer they want of course but we should try and stick to the same style of beer then compare recipes etc.

the thing about the Liffey brewers is we seem to have the largest group that is spread out over a wide area plus different degrees of experience.

im only kit brewing a few months where as Dempsey was around when somebody changed water into wine  :P