• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 10:19:29 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

September meet?

Started by admin, August 21, 2013, 03:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

Quote from: brenmurph on August 28, 2013, 10:46:08 PM
I just kegged my coors clone  with cornflakes :) Fortified with vitamins and minerals ;D

Ive 3 more options for the summer beer....love to see more interested in gettin involved

I thought Cornflakes took all the goodness out of corn and it was made from the shitty bit...oohh, coors clone, ignore that ;)

imark

Can't see poll on Tapatalk. 
Is anybody in lb brewing for this? Still time for a <4 I reckon.

imark

Quote from: imark on August 28, 2013, 11:22:08 PM
Can't see poll on Tapatalk. 
Is anybody in lb brewing for this? Still time for a <4 beer I reckon.

imark

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 28, 2013, 11:21:19 PM
I've not brewed anything for it, and my fermenter's schedule looks like I won't be brewing anything for it either.

Next up is a 10% DIPA, with Bramling Cross, Willamette and Saaz.
Sounds good!

brenmurph

Sooner the better u feckers start experimenting.. ::) a bit more...

my spruce ( with fresh spruce from the tree ) was super, the coors is looking, tasting and smelling fab. My Dusseldorf Altbier with a Weiss Yeast ( breaking all the rules) scored 37 in the nationals and my current experiemnt is with oats from the combine in an American steam beer.

Next up is to use the  Myrtle in my garden to add a bitterness and bubblegum to a light ale and then an earthy stout with Beetroot from my garden in addition to a request for a liquerice stout :P

I looked up coors clones after bein at Dodges and tastin the lovely clone he made for his wife.

I used lager malt, germanish  type hops ( Perle / Saaz), a tin of sweetcorn and a decent bowl of cornflakes and a mauribrew lager yeast.

its just been kegged and will lager for 2 weeks at 7c and taste it again then. It may even be nice for the RDS.

brenmurph

Quote from: delzep on August 28, 2013, 10:59:54 PM
cornflakes?

ah feck I'm missing out  :o  :P

have your plastic bottle cap by the way...can't bring it to the next meet obviously....can post it if you like?

wont lose sleep over a cap, if u think bring it along next time...

imark

Hey Bren any chance you'll have some myrtle left over?

delzep

Quote from: Il Tubo on August 28, 2013, 11:21:19 PM
I've not brewed anything for it, and my fermenter's schedule looks like I won't be brewing anything for it either.

Next up is a 10% DIPA, with Bramling Cross, Willamette and Saaz.

didn't you say recently that you've gone off hoppy beers and are on a malty buzz at the mo?  ::)

brenmurph

I wil try get some recipes..its very powerful scent & bitterness...I suspect it goes a long way.. but I dont know...It was a huge plant ( small bushy tree) till the severe winter 2011 killed it off and hey presto this year it sprung from the ground again.  Ill bring a sample at least see what u think. Wen I find how much needed for a brew I wil den know if I ebven have enough for 1 brew.

wel was that esb under the cap nice?

delzep

It was very nice and refreshing hence me bringing it home on the night. Was in the mood for one last week and it hit the spot perfectly

brenmurph

cool.. u b glad to know u had the last one so :(

delzep

ah feck you should have said I wouldn't have taken it  :-\

brenmurph

@ delzep

remind me of the myrtle next time there a meet we both be at.. RDS?

Ciderhead

I did one it was battery acid, try a hop tea first, you will be tasting it for a week :(

delzep

Quote from: brenmurph on August 28, 2013, 11:50:13 PM
@ delzep

remind me of the myrtle next time there a meet we both be at.. RDS?

??