• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:25:48 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Market research

Started by beer novice, September 04, 2013, 07:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer novice

Hi,i am new to this,i am in the middle of doing research to open a small micro brewery and was wondering if anyone can help,i need to get some bottles made to use for market research.

DEMPSEY

Your a bit vague on your request. If you want bottled beer for to sell on the market for your research then its a commercial brewery you need to talk to. If its for just giving away than you need to know what style of beer it is you are after. Welcome to the forum BTW :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

BrewCity

You can join us on Beer Ireland, a group supporting brewing startups in Ireland. Our members will have plenty of advice for you.
http://beerireland.ie

Will_D

Like most moulded products the raw material is cheap but the mould is very expensive.

I am sure that the minimum order for a custom blow moulded bottle would be in the tens of thousands to compare with existing production prices.

Unless YOU paid the tens of thousand tool making cost for a 100 bottles or so!

Why the unique bottle shape?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

agree ...Rich in Tanks UK said it was imposible to justify moulding the upper tap as all the tooling needs to be remade just for that. So the conicals Im buying have a smooth moulded-in stainless bottom tap and I have to fit the upper tap myself and just be carefull with sanitation of this upper tap fitting.

Re bottles not sure why one would want custom made bottles? is any small brewery worldwide doing that?  There are numerous 'nice' bottles on the open market different shapes and sizes

Shane Phelan

In context I assume "bottles made" means generic bottles filled with beer and labelled rather than being moulded!

Do you have type of beer in mind that you want in the bottles?
Brew Log

matthewdick23

Quote from: BrewCity on September 04, 2013, 09:29:31 AM
You can join us on Beer Ireland, a group supporting brewing startups in Ireland. Our members will have plenty of advice for you.

hi there- do you work with startups in the north?

beer novice

Sorry my request is vague,I am looking to get some sample beers made which I can bottle and use for market research.Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Dunkel

Depending upon quantity of bottles that you need, your best bet may be to approach one of the micros and get them to do it for you; that beerireland website looks good.
BTW, are you in Wexford Town?

BrewCity

Quote from: matthewdick23 on September 04, 2013, 02:09:20 PM
Quote from: BrewCity on September 04, 2013, 09:29:31 AM

hi there- do you work with startups in the north?

We're happy to have anyone in Ireland (and beyond) participate in our group, we just might not be able to help much regarding advice on legal/excise issues in NI as our brewers only have experience in the ROI.

Billythegypsy

Quote from: beer novice on September 04, 2013, 02:24:14 PM
Sorry my request is vague,I am looking to get some sample beers made which I can bottle and use for market research.Any help or advice is much appreciated.

So.... why don't you just make them and bottle them?

You know, like the other beers you've made.

Greg2013

Beernovice don't take this the wrong way but not for nothing but you are not giving folks much information to work with tbh. What type of market research and for what purpose would be useful information to put forward. Folks here will help you as much as they can but they need information to work with. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

beer novice

Hi deadman1972 ,i want to start a microbrewery,i need help to brew some products which i can use to judge peoples reactions.I am just at the learning stage  and need someone with experience to help.I want to know what i am going to brew before i go any further.I am in the middle of sorting out funding and have sourced equipment etc....

Hi Billthegypsy, not sure what you mean,i have never brewed before hence my request.

Greg2013

Quote from: beer novice on September 04, 2013, 09:29:25 PM

Hi Billthegypsy, not sure what you mean,i have never brewed before hence my request.

:o :o :o
Again don't take this the wrong way, i am a novice myself, however do you not think you are jumping the gun a bit trying to start a microbrewery when you have never brewed in your life? Though i wish you well in your endeavour IMHO this is a bit like a baby trying to drive a Ferrari before he has learned to walk.

This is only my opinion but you would be far better learning the basics of how to brew at home(home brewer) first before opening a brewery. Remember you will be brewing beer customers are paying to drink,you dont want to poison people because you don't know your yeast from your grain  ;)

If that seems a little harsh it is but i would hate to see a fledgling brewery go down for the want of getting the basics right and to be fair you can't really expect people to brew beer for you out of their own time,money,effort for a start up company when you don't know how to do it yourself. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Metattron

Unless you're looking to hire a brewer?  Form a line lads, no pushing!  :D
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob