• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 12:16:23 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Maltodextrin

Started by googoomuck, September 27, 2013, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

googoomuck

Don't suppose anyone has a bag of Coopers brew enhancer no.2 at home that they could give me a rough idea of how much maltodextrin is in it by any chance? Or have you ever added maltodextrin to a brew? If so how much? I'll be doing a Coopers international pale ale.

Covey

i wam wee todd did i am sofa king wee todd did

LordEoin

I'd scrap the brew enhancer and the maltodextrin and go with 1kg light DME (or 1.5kg LME) and 250G carapils steep, if you want a bit more alcohol add another 250g dextrose.

More on brew ehhancers and sugars can be found http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,681.0.html

Greg2013

Is it possible to buy actual corn syrup anwhere here ?
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

googoomuck

Thanks for the reply's lads, I was going to go with a can of LME and since I have a tub of maltodextrin here at home (from when I used to go to the gym :) ) I was going to  use that when I seen it was an ingredient in the brew enhancer. So 250g of maltodextrin seems about right then?! And just to clarify, the brew enhancer goes into the primary FV? So I would add the matltodextrin to the primary?

googoomuck

Sorry mods just realised this is in extract brewing.

LordEoin

It's relevant in either section :)