• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 23, 2024, 11:39:44 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Liffey Brewers "50 beers" competition Feb 1st 2014

Started by admin, October 28, 2013, 01:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eoin

I'll look at entering the ESB I have planned for the next few days, boring innit ;-)

Sent from my HTC One

brenmurph

Will_D

WIth 50 beers and 3 pairs being asked to judge 18 is hard work.

Would suggest 12/13 beers per pair - gives 8 judges and 4 stewards.

I think with the BJCP course that would be no problem. Remember also that stewards get points as well.

That could then give 4 major categories: Ales/Stouts/Pales/Others Of course depends on the actual entries but you get my drift.

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

So myself and Bren are definitely judging. What about Kellie?

Also, since both of us are likely to have beer, we make sure that our beer is not on our judging table.

When it comes to the final result, if any of our beer is in the final, the brewer recuses themselves from judging.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

delzep

Definately priority given to Liffey Brewers for judging and stewards. Looks like 8 judges in total would be required to be on the safe side, although if 10 volunteer it would make sense to include all 10 I suppose.

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

There are organiser points going here too. With 50 beers it looks like 2.5 points. The only thing is, Derek is not doing the BJCP.
Derek, you up for the second round of BJCP course?
Reuben Gray

delzep

Nah, I'm not doing the course...no plans to either to be honest

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

We can't let those points go to waste then. Someone needs to take them. It can't be a judge as you can't get points for both, though you can be an organiser and a judge, you just get the organiser points though. In this case, the organiser points are worth more than judging points.

We could outsource the organiser points to Padraig? A sort of thank you for all the hard work, of course he probably has to step up and actually organise it.

In fact, I would say the organiser has to be BJCP or else it probably doesn't count.
Reuben Gray

delzep

I don't mind....just nobody else has stepped forward to organise it

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Reuben Gray