• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 05:20:50 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New Brewer

Started by David_D, October 23, 2013, 10:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_D

Hi All, my name is David, i'm new to NHC and only brewing about 1 year now. At the moment i'm in the middle of a 3 gallon batch of hard cider, not sure how this will turn out.
Anyway--hello everyone and i look forward to chatting about my favourite topic--BEER,

David

David_D

Hi Il Tubo, i'm in Blanchardstown-Dublin.

Eoin

Quote from: David_D on October 23, 2013, 12:27:36 PM

Hi David, I'm out in Tyrrelstown. Welcome to the club.

Sent from my HTC One

David_D

Hi Eoin,

Thanks, are you long at the brewing yourself? are you in a local club?

Eoin

Brewing about 6-7 years now. I don't really attend much with having a young family at home. I do get involved on here however, I'd taken a break for a while and am only getting back into it. I'm doing a brew in the next week or so.

Sent from my HTC One

David_D

Oh right and what brew are you going to do? I've only done about 3-4 kit brews and at the moment i'm in the middle of making cider ( not sure what way that will turn out) took a gravity reading the other day and it's going to be 7.8% so i'll have to take it easy on it  :P

delzep

Tasting night in the Lucan County tomorrow night if you are interested. I beleive a bus goes from Blanch and stops close to the Lucan County. No need to bring beer if you've none on the go and its free

delzep

Can change it to Sheary's if you like?  :P

Not that I'll be out tomorrow night anyway >:(

David_D

Quote from: delzep on October 23, 2013, 10:28:58 PM

Tasting night in the Lucan County tomorrow night if you are interested. I beleive a bus goes from Blanch and stops close to the Lucan County. No need to bring beer if you've none on the go and its free
Thanks for the offer, i would love to attend but due to work commitments--(05.30am start Friday Morning) i think ill have to skip this. But i would love to go next time a tasting is on so i would really appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks.

delzep

David_D

Thanks--i'll give them a look, everything sounds so complicated to me so i think i'd need to attend a meeting and discuss face to face because alot of what is said is going right over my head ???

DEMPSEY

You'll be in good company at the liffey meet,we do like to talk alot :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Eoin

Quote from: David_D on October 23, 2013, 10:13:24 PM
Oh right and what brew are you going to do? I've only done about 3-4 kit brews and at the moment i'm in the middle of making cider ( not sure what way that will turn out) took a gravity reading the other day and it's going to be 7.8% so i'll have to take it easy on it  :P

I have a 55l ESB planned.

Sent from my HTC One