• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 05:23:58 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Lambic wine barrel

Started by admin, November 26, 2013, 05:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imark

I've done a couple of sours along those lines before myself. I've used carapils to feed the brett with good results.
Turbid has the same mystique as decoction for me. I've never done either due to my laziness but have a niggling urge to give it a go at the same time. One of these days!

nigel_c

Rossa

Quote from: Tube's Beer Kit on February 19, 2014, 12:50:25 PM
1. Dodge - 20L*
2. imark - 40L
3. Tube - 40L
4. Eoin - 40L*
5. Lordstilton - 20L*
6. McGrath - 20L
7. Alex Lawes - 20L*

Saruman is out, so we have an opening/need for 20L more.

I'll step up if you will have me. 👒

mcgrath

Quote from: Tube's Beer Kit on February 20, 2014, 12:55:54 PM
1. Dodge - 20L*
2. imark - 40L
3. Tube - 20L
4. Eoin - 40L*
5. Lordstilton - 20L*
6. McGrath - 20L
7. Alex Lawes - 20L*
8. Rossa - 20L

220L
Is that not 200L? Do we need another contribution?

imark

Did we get anyone to make up the last 20L?

lordstilton

Why don't we all chip in for it and use it for gueze

imark

Doesn't seem to be a queue of people looking for the slot so it might be simplest way to do it.

DEMPSEY

I 'll do it but do I have to drink it too. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

imark

1.6 wheat & 3.2 pilsner per 20L slot. So 17.6kg wheat total and 35.2kg pilsner total. Wheat is OK I think? Are we short?

imark

Doh I see it now....thought you were working off the first draft recipe. :-[

mcgrath

One of the lads at the capital meet yesterday sounds interested. Markc. He had a nice Brett with him. Not sure what his equipment setup is. I.ll pm him.

markc

Cheers Ciaran. Tube, I'd love to get in on this, I haven't read the thread fully, so, not sure what the deal is. I don't have portable kit yet, and, I'm BIAB at the moment too. I could split the cost of someones 40l if that was a goer? Either way, I'd be into coming to the brew day, if there is going to be one day where everyone brews like you mentioned last night Ciaran.

Cheer,
Mark

markc

I've got a 50 litre brew kettle that sits on my gas hob, I've no problem bringing that to the brew day if anyone had a spare gas ring? I'm considering getting a mash tun and ditching the bag, would love to see it all in action. If it's not practical, just say, I'd like to pop along either way if thats okay, help you out any way I could and learn a few tricks.

Cheers,
Mark

imark

We're looking for 20L so you'd have no problem with your kit.
I'd say there's probably enough burners to accommodate a staggered start.

markc

I've just seen its on the 8th, I'm in London from the 6th until the 10th, so obviously I wont make it. Pity. Good luck with it lads!

M