• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:10:13 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from sunny St. Petersburg Florida

Started by wyldhare, January 03, 2014, 03:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyldhare

Hi all,
My name is Chuck and I am an all grain homebrewer of 8+ years. My girlfriend (Marianna) and I are coming to Dublin for a week at the end of January and are looking for some local knowledge of the beer scene and recommendations of places to go or to avoid. It would also be stellar if we could hook up with any of you Dublin homebrewers who would be willing to share your creations with us.
We are arriving the morning of the 25th and will be there for a week. I can't bring any of my beers to share but I will bring some t-shirts with my logo and label artwork to trade for your hospitality.
We have never been to Ireland - my gf was there as a child but never as an adult - and are looking forward to the week of exploration and imbibing. We are attending a concert (Reel Big Fish & Less Than Jake) at the Academy on the 29th but aside from that are open to adventure and meeting new people. Any information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated and we look forward to our visit and maybe meeting some like minded people. We are both in our 40's but firmly believe that age is only a number.
Cheers!!!

Dunkel

Hi Chuck and Marianna,

Enjoy your time in Ireland! I'm not sure about the other Dublin clubs, but Capital Brewers are due to be holding their monthly tasting on Tuesday 28th January in a pub very close to the City Centre. You would be more than welcome to pop along and try our beers  :)
As for the beer/pub scene, there are many pubs where you can try Craft beer, and also some other pubs you should visit for the history or traditionalness (if that's a word). But there's plenty of time to give you recommendations. Where will you be staying in Dublin?

Dunkel (in my 50s)

delzep

There's our Liffey Brewers competition on the 1st of February if you fancy coming along

wyldhare

We have rented a flat on Wellington Quay near Temple Bar so we will be very near the City Centre.
We would love to attend the brew club meeting / tasting and the Liffey competition - exactly the type of things I was hoping for!!

delzep

Don't suppose you're a BJCP judge......? 

wyldhare

I steward for our local competitions and have done some judging but am not recognized.  Unfortunately our return flight leaves the morning of the first so we'll miss the Liffey competition.

LordEoin

And they say Irish hospitality is dead?

Welcome Wyldhare! Enjoy your trip to Ireland :)