• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:38:18 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Wine Raffle] Sadlers Reserve 12 bottle wine kit, Geterbrewed

Started by LordEoin, January 25, 2014, 11:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

This raffle is kindly sponsored by Geterbrewed.com for a marvelous Sadlers Reserve 12 bottle wine kit, manufactured by 'The Micro Winery Company' site
They normally sell £49.95/€58.94 but you get a lot of bang for your buck

Thanks GetErBrewed :)

In return the winner writes a full honest review of the product and resulting beer.
Because wine takes so long to condition, the review should start early with packaging, equipment, ingredients, instructions, must, yeast etc and evolve at different stages of brewing.
This is a really good opportunity to try your hand at wine making.

Home Brew wine making equipment and the best quality home brew wine kit to make 12 bottles, all you have to do is add the water, wine making made easy!

The ingredients:
Sadlers Reserve wine kits are made from pure grape juice, manufactured in the UK. The grape juice kit has no added sugars, preservatives or colours and sealed in a stay fresh foil bag. This wine kit produces a top end quality wine.
The juice is mainly purchased from Europe and is sold by weight and stated Brix rating on the box (65-68) so that you can be sure the kits are not diluted. Unlike some other kits, there are no added preservatives, nutrients or additional sugars in the kits to add bulk.

The Equipment:
Brew safe steriliser,
Sadlers reserve fermenter,
33 litre graduated GEB primary fermenter which is suitable for making the larger 30 bottle refill kits. This fermenter is drilled for a tap and includes the tap, bottle filling stick, length of PVC tubing, it is also drilled for an airlock including a top quality grommet and airlock

This raffle is for your choice of the kits listed here:
http://www.geterbrewed.com/sadlers-reserve-12-bottle-kits
Merlot / Cabernet Sauvignong / Pinot Grigio / Sauvignon Blanc

The raffle will run for the weekend, the winners will be picked by random.org on Monday 27th, and hopefully we'll have the winner ready to brew by the end of next week :)

Let the games begin!  ;D

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Eligibility as usual is:

You must be a full member
    You must have written a decent guide/review/instructional/frontpage-article on the NHC forums or frontpage (link it on entry)
    Agree to write an early review of the kit and update it as you go.

more on eligibility

Include what one you're interested in on the entry
ie:
1 - MemberName, kit, link to your article/how-to/review/guide/etc
eg:
1 - LordEoin,  merlot, http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,669.0.html

Damo

Hmmm...Tempted :P

However, because I've won in 2 out of the last 3 raffles I think I might exclude myself from this on.

Good luck!

Ciderhead

Nothing it do with the fact that you have done 3 brews in the last week? :)

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Damo

LordEoin

Nope, there's only 1 kit going, so we have the numbers already ;)
up to you

Chris

I still have to do the review of the last kit I won so I'll leave this to someone with more time.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Garry

LordEoin

LordEoin

That's me! woot!
Hard luck will, tube, garry. Better luck next time :)

Garry

LordEoin

Don't make me come up there and slap you!
I tried to bribe random.org but he would have none of it, suppose it had pity on me  ;D