• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 10:58:52 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March tasting....what date suits? Also see link in OP

Started by delzep, February 25, 2014, 10:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delzep

How does this sound so?

7:00 - 8:00 Turn up and get the tasting set up (decant beers close to 8...ask to put in fridge or put cling film over them and keep outside, glasses, labels etc.)
8:00 - 9:00 sample each beer/hop variety (gives about 10 minutes per hop)
9:00 - whenever for homebrew sampling
12:30 - 5:00 Lapellos

imark

delzep

Sound, I'll see how much a box of Coors or Molson Canadian is in Dunnes in the next few days

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

delzep

delzep

Actually I suppose cans gently poured into bottles might work. Dutchie isn't all that bland though...has a strong ganky taste

imark

Quote from: Tube on March 05, 2014, 12:32:22 PM
Hops spread out over 3 tastings (Mar, Apr, May) should bring us nicely up to the June ding dong.
Ding dong?

imark

I'd say stick to bottle to minimise carbonation loss and oxidation. How long do you leave Hops in the beer?

delzep

Molson Canadian is €20 for a 24 box of bottles in Tesco, Coors Light is €22 for a 24 box of bottles. Is Molson is brown bottles? I think Coors is in clear glass, so maybe Molson is better to use

delzep

Quote from: imark on March 05, 2014, 12:49:28 PM
I'd say stick to bottle to minimise carbonation loss and oxidation. How long do you leave Hops in the beer?

All the info is in the link in the OP

delzep

March 05, 2014, 01:58:04 PM #55 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:11:50 PM by delzep
Folks can you stick your name on the list here if you are attending the hop tasting - http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,5921.msg75158.html#new

DEMPSEY

delzep

DEMPSEY

delzep