• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 05:03:36 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2014 Competition Results - Dublin

Started by Rossa, March 03, 2014, 02:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr hoppy

Surely no one's saying there's anything wrong with targeting the lager categories?

Nothing better than a quality homebrewed lager!

Ciderhead

And technically one of the hardest to brew correctly!

brenmurph

Quote from: mr happy on March 07, 2014, 10:57:42 PM
Surely no one's saying there's anything wrong with targeting the lager categories?

Nothing better than a quality homebrewed lager!

agree Mr happy... We will gladly challenge a blind taste /face off with good commercial lagers and ours ;)

A lovely well brewed, conditioned and SERVeD lager in the right glass with a proper head on it is what we like...heaven :)

brenmurph

Quote from: CH on March 08, 2014, 04:10:59 AM

I will host a Lager / Brewtalk tasting day for anyone interested in lagers...

we have lagers (prob a dozen) at various stages including all our winning medal ones. We never get away with less than 6 or 8 weeks conditioning in cold conditions. we also play with stepped reducing cold temps versus storage near ice from the beginning. its nice to taste these beers and see how they change from week to week and often from day to day.

Shanna

Quote from: brenmurph on March 08, 2014, 09:31:58 AM
Quote from: CH on March 08, 2014, 04:10:59 AM

I will host a Lager / Brewtalk tasting day for anyone interested in lagers...

we have lagers (prob a dozen) at various stages including all our winning medal ones. We never get away with less than 6 or 8 weeks conditioning in cold conditions. we also play with stepped reducing cold temps versus storage near ice from the beginning. its nice to taste these beers and see how they change from week to week and often from day to day.
I would really like to attend this but if it's down in Kildale I would find it hard to get the time to attend. Have a sneaky suspicion this would make a very good video topic.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

brenmurph

It would indeed Shanna, but to taste results (largely down to what happens during cold conditioning) its worth investing in that second hand fridge! :)

Shanna

Quote from: brenmurph on March 08, 2014, 01:56:51 PM
It would indeed Shanna, but to taste results (largely down to what happens during cold conditioning) its worth investing in that second hand fridge! :)

Have two fridges in my shed but in the cold weather they don't go below about 8 degrees as the thermostat is sh1t and the compressor does not kick in enough. Hoping that as weather warms up this cause the fridges to work properly.  I have an Stc 1000 wired in ready for the day when I start to brew larger.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Tom

imark

What's the plan for distributing the medals from the Dublin round?

Ciderhead

Rossa has them all and is overseas at the mo, anticipate getting them back through the clubs, do you win one sorry, I missed that, them miserable sods in your club didn't bring it home for you, I wouldn't mind there was enough of them collecting their own, the gits :P

imark

Won 2. Rossa said he doesn't have them. I asked him last week. There is a voucher coming my way too I believe. ???

Ciderhead

Fat lady has not sung yet although I gather she will do a lunchtime session in the Well on the 22nd, its all sorted in any case.

brenmurph

Ye Im missin a gold as well...maybe some fecker is melting them down ( feck dem cash for gold shops) >:(

Ciderhead

"I was robbed"  :) speak to Kellie, that was swapped for a bag of chips :)

Kellie

Ha ha...........no gold was swapped for any chips!!! Paula charmed them from that fella, sure who wouldnt give a gal a free bag of chips having 2 lovely looking ladies in front of them.......... ;)