• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:29:44 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Beer Line Brush From Hop and Grape- For cleaning corney dip tube.

Started by Taf, March 10, 2014, 09:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taf

I'm going to buy a brush to clean my corney dip tubes, as per below link. They are for cleaning beer lines, but used one at Sams brewery on Friday on a corney, and they are brilliant to clean a dip tube. It's one part of the corney that I always worry about, and I had been using some wire, with tiny bit of cloth tied to it, which wasn't ideal, so I'm definitely getting one of these, as they are a great bit of kit.

I'm pretty sure that Sam said I need the 3/16", and H&G have a 10mm and 12mm option, so I think I need the 12mm, but have sent Mel in H&G an email to check.

Is anyone interested in a group buy, in order to spread the cost of shipment? I will get a price to Ireland, but might use parcel hotel, depending on what is cheaper. I'd preferably like to keep this to Rebel brewers, due to ease of distributing the goods, but if anyone else is interested, we can see how it pans out.

If anyone is interested, can they let me know ASAP, as I want to put in the order fairly quickly, and if there isn't much interest, I will buy a few other bits to offset shipment costs, so won't be hanging around. Also, if anyone wants any other non bulky items from H&G don't see why they can't be part of the order, but nothing big.

https://www.hopandgrape.co.uk/beer-line-brush.html

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

DEMPSEY

I forgot I have one of those thanks :) They are the mutts nutts
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Ciderhead

A barrel brush from a gun merchants will do the same thing.
I have both and one for the beer gun, but find if you soak your tube in cleaner a physical clean is not required.

Greg2013

Quote from: CH on March 10, 2014, 11:30:58 AM
I have both and one for the beer gun, but find if you soak your tube in cleaner a physical clean is not required.

Yes but it's so much fun getting long rods into tight bores  :o :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Taf

Quote from: CH on March 10, 2014, 11:30:58 AM

Good advice re the barrel brush from a gun merchant, and Murrays on Patrick St might have them, but not getting into the City during the day much at the moment. I usually do soak, and it's probably okay, but I just get a bit paranoid, especially on the tubes that have a bend on them, as can't see straight through, so a poke with a brush will be very re-assuring. Especially on corneys that might have been sitting around for a while! There's probably a few other bits on H&G now that I am looking, that I am interested in anyway.

Taf

Order now gone in, and what was initially a quest for a cheap way to clean a dip tube morphed into something else. Ah well, I'm sure it's all essential kit that I really needed!