• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:19:28 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from Glasgow

Started by ZombieHoppingTime, April 28, 2014, 04:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZombieHoppingTime

Hi there,

Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself.

I am currently living in Glasgow (originally from Ballycastle) and have been brewing for around 5 years. First became aware of the National Homebrew Club when I got persuaded by Chris (sub82) to enter the 2013 homebrew competition in Dublin.

It's great to see such a class scene going on in Ireland. Unfortunately there isn't anything like this in Scotland at the minute. There's a FB group 'Glasgow Homebrewers' which has been going for a bit and is just starting to grow legs so I thought that this would be a good opportunity to try and get a bit of advice and forge some links.

Also we were hoping to try and get a BJCP competition up and running in the next few years and would appreciate any advice on getting a lend of some judges and getting some home grown judges on the go here too.

Any help would be great! Thanks

Chris Lewis

ZombieHoppingTime

Cheers Shane. I'll get on that!

sub82

Tom

Did I hear someone looking for judges?!  ;D Any excuse for a trip to Scotland.

And welcome to the forum.

ZombieHoppingTime

Thanks Tom! Probably be a while off yet but I'll keep you in mind. Cheers!

Will_D

Quote from: Tube on April 28, 2014, 04:17:45 PM
Hi Chris, good to see you again! Simplest advice is register a domain and start a forum. Build it and they will come!
AFAIAC: Why not start a local group on the NHC?

Ok its Scotland but why not?

Get a few people together, join the NHC post a bit, and then the mods can create a local group for chats and the like.

Group buys and logistics may become interesting but why not use the NHC as a kick starter for an internet group?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Tom

Group buys prove logistically challenging getting into Donegal!

ZombieHoppingTime

Think we're gonna head down the domaine+forum route. Cheers for the help and will post up details once it's up and running.

Cheers!

johnrm