• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 04, 2024, 01:36:10 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The most expensive single item a homebrew would buy.

Started by Ciderhead, March 27, 2013, 11:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

Ok folks you need to sit down for this one.

I am going to place an order with Homebrew West in a months time for one of these;

http://www.speidels-braumeister.de/Braumeister/Braumeister-20-litres::2.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRazNwUqnhg&feature=player_embedded

There is no doubt this requires deep pockets and I am not here giving you a hard sell.

Home Brew West will offer us a discount on multiples.

The discount also applies to 50L versions or even the 200L version if required :o

If anybody is seriously interested rather than post in public please pm me and we can talk about it.

All comments welcome, particularly from those that have them already.

JimmyM

oh my jesus

partidge9 is the only one i know with one. I think.
There were a few interested in them before - think Padraig was one - til Will started building his own rip off.
Formerly JamesM.

M3talDave

Will_D

Quoteoh my jesus

There were a few interested in them before - think Padraig was one - til Will started building his own rip off.

It wasn't actually me that started that thread. And given the progress on mine I may still be interested in COTS.

If so then there will be some big bits of kit on offer!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Tom

1.487 euro. I can manage that!

Actually, the decimal place has got me before, in a Polish airport, with a feckin' nice bottle of absinthe I had to put back.

rukkus

They are a lovely bit of kit. I looked into them when i was starting AG. My understanding was that the malt pipe was a bit limiting if you want to do big beers. Its a bit easier on the 50l one if you brew less beer afaik.

I found that to put me off a bit considering the price. Just my 2c but i also wouldn't say no to owning one :D

Ciderhead

March 28, 2013, 09:56:29 PM #6 Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:57:33 PM by Ciderhead
I dont normally make cough syrup but if I did you can load up to 6 Kgs at a push with the 20L version and at an average of 80% and up to 85 some even reporting over 90 but I doubt it :o.
1075 doesn't seem to be a problem either.
There are mods being done in the US to get more out, but not for me.
For me its the batch size the footprint and the convenience, I'll still hang on to my plastic boilers though  ;D

Ciderhead

Quote from: Ciderhead on March 27, 2013, 11:13:03 PM
Ok folks you need to sit down for this one.

I am going to place an order with Homebrew West in a months time for one of these;

http://www.speidels-braumeister.de/Braumeister/Braumeister-20-litres::2.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRazNwUqnhg&feature=player_embedded

There is no doubt this requires deep pockets and I am not here giving you a hard sell.

Home Brew West will offer us a discount on multiples.

The discount also applies to 50L versions or even the 200L version if required :o

If anybody is seriously interested rather than post in public please pm me and we can talk about it.

All comments welcome, particularly from those that have them already.

Bump, or perhaps more of a thud.
Anybody win the lottery since I last posted this?

DEMPSEY

Hmm,the most expensive single item a homebrewer would buy. My fookin new brewery,dont tell the wife. :'(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

johnrm

Sweet, but I'm not in that place just yet.
I'm keeping it 'Trad' for now.

Ciderhead

Half way there on the "you must be fooking mad to spend that on brewing", time to look down the back of the couch.
Anyone else insane?

Hop Bomb

Brian HBW was saying he sold a 50 litre braumaster to a guy in Kilkenny last week.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Bubbles

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 27, 2013, 01:18:45 PM
Half way there on the "you must be fooking mad to spend that on brewing", time to look down the back of the couch.
Anyone else insane?

A few months ago i was pretty close to saying "feck it" and just buying one of these. The 20 litre version. But in the end I decided to go for the more traditional brewing system (electric boiler and picnic cooler mash tun). Mainly because it's cheaper - but also because I felt I might learn more about brewing without the automation that the Speidel gives you. Whether that's true, I don't yet know.

I wouldn't rule it out for the future though. It'd be great for step-mashing. Maybe Santy might bring me one in 2014.

Ciderhead

Quote from: Hop Bomb on May 27, 2013, 03:34:42 PM
Brian HBW was saying he sold a 50 litre braumaster to a guy in Kilkenny last week.

To the US as well, some man for one man.

loftybush

Quote from: JimmyM on March 28, 2013, 01:13:02 AM
oh my jesus

Any details on the rip off version? There's no way I'd get away with downing that much, but if would be a great project to make one.