• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:47:28 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Meath Homebrew Club

Started by IrishBeerSnob, August 29, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishBeerSnob

Ha. yeah name can follow;

So lads, the Central have confirmed they are more than happy for us to host our meetings there.

Mervyn's Yard with the stove burning away, supping beer. Bliss.

So

First meeting?
Once a month there after and then we need to decide, 1st tuesday of the month?

Anything else?
Wayne Dunne

Fermenting - SMaSH Amarillo West Coast IPA
Conditioning -
Drinking-

http://www.irishbeersnob.com My Blog - Irish Beer Snob

Son0vagun

Count me in! I work shifts so might not always be around for meetings! But I'll try my best! First Tuesday of the month would probably suit me best too.

cmore_2

That's Great lads, I think we should try do a brew once a month as the club and keg it for tasting. This way new comers will become more comfortable with the basics of brewing,  I have taps lines and gas, 3/4 fermenters and trying to get a few cheap cornies, I would like to learn more and have a bit of fun along the way :-\ see ya on the 7th

cmore_2

Oh yea a Name how about Ard RÍ (high kings) home brewing

Will_D

Just a suggestion re. the name:

Its best if there is a clue in the name as to where you are based!

I am Welsh and whilst I appreciate the local Gaelic names like "Ard RÍ" not every one one the site that only have has the "cúpla focal"

BTW: It only took me about 5 mins on Google to get that as the misses is fasters asleep!

You get my drift though - keep it simple and the simples will come ("Simples", Ref Quote: "The Meerkats")
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

IrishBeerSnob

Ok, i'll get back on to the Central, so Tuesday the 7th of October. Shall we say 8pm?
Everyone bring a bottle or two of whatever they have, and we can discuss the set up of the club.

Thanks
Wayne Dunne

Fermenting - SMaSH Amarillo West Coast IPA
Conditioning -
Drinking-

http://www.irishbeersnob.com My Blog - Irish Beer Snob

cmore_2

Yep will do looking forward to it  :P

Dr Horrible

Quote from: Dube on September 03, 2014, 11:59:28 AM
Descriptive names can be more helpful. Navan Home Brew Club?
I can't believe there's an objection against calling Meath the Royal county because it's not descriptive, you really couldn't get clearer.  Meath are the Royals, Kerry are the Kingdom and Cork are the Rebels.  It's like, basic geography, man!

Will_D

I don't think there is any objection to the "Royal County Brewers" After all we have the Garden County, The North County to name but a few.

Its your call however. Pick a name for the forum and one of the mods will create it

Why not stick up a poll on this thread or start a new one for the couple of lads who have expressed the interest to vote on.

Once you have a name then you will have a forum. First post on your new forum should be where are we going to meet and when. Then just watch the group grow

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

mr hoppy

What's hard to understand about Lffey Valley Brewers? :D

Son0vagun

There's no point arguing about names at this stage. I've never named something until I got a feel for it. Might be best to leave the name until we have all met and got a feel for what kind of club we are going to be!

I've no experience in a Homebrew club, but I'm excited of the prospect of this. Where will we brew our first batch? What will it be? Exciting times ahead!

Rats

I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol

Hingo

I can see you guys brewing a lot of Mead.....  :o

(I'm sorry I had to. )

GrubandGrainColum

Hi All - you can count me in for the Navan club - but probably not about for first meeting on 7th.
Will pass on info to my homebrew apprentice-in-law though... he might bring one of our recent HBC APA collaborations...
C