• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:25:48 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from Wexford

Started by Wexbrew, September 06, 2014, 11:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wexbrew

Hi all,
Brewed my second kit today (Bulldog kits Evil Dog).

I like brewing but have a lot to learn; this site looks great.

I'd like to make mead and cider at some stage aswell.

googoomuck

Welcome! From Wexford myself, living in Oylegate though. Did you get that kit from only natural? You will get plenty of advice on here. I have only made variations of Joes ancient orange mead (google JOAM) it has always turned out well. I have made some "turbo" cider too, there is a group buy for apple juice being planned but I think you must be a full member.
Lee.

CB_Phil

welcome to the forum, youll find plenty of helpful advice here

Wexbrew

Quote from: googoomuck on September 07, 2014, 11:55:33 AM
Welcome! From Wexford myself, living in Oylegate though. Did you get that kit from only natural? You will get plenty of advice on here. I have only made variations of Joes ancient orange mead (google JOAM) it has always turned out well. I have made some "turbo" cider too, there is a group buy for apple juice being planned but I think you must be a full member.
Lee.

I got the kit from www.homebrewwest.ie/, should be rocket-fuel if the foam and bubbes are anything to go bye.

I have cousins out in Oylegate.

I'd like to make mead to have around christmas time.

Dunkel

Hi Wexbrew, have made this kit myself. Yes it is rocket fuel - just be careful not to over prime it in the bottles. And well done for your second brew!  :)

Wexbrew

This brew turned out to be a disaster; the person I was helping cut the hop bags and added the hops straight into the 5 gallon drum.

We bottled it anyway and after a few weeks of conditioning the bottles fizz like mad for about 10 minutes after they're opened.

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Wexbrew

In my defense, I wasn't there when the hop bags were cut; sanitation left a lot to be desired aswell.. ;D

jackflash

Hey there! I brewed the evil dog double IPA. I thought it tasted awful for the first few weeks of bottle conditioning, but after 7 weeks, it's turning out to be really quite decent.

Wexbrew

Quote from: jackflash on November 04, 2014, 09:48:51 AM
Hey there! I brewed the evil dog double IPA. I thought it tasted awful for the first few weeks of bottle conditioning, but after 7 weeks, it's turning out to be really quite decent.

I actually found four bottles of the Evil Dog on the weekend and it looked clear enough in the bottle.

I opened one and it was actually fine; the taste mellowed after a few months.

Still not my favourite brew.