• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 10:16:39 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Cide brewing

Started by Seanboy, December 30, 2012, 05:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanboy

Was going to brew up a cider in the new year this will be a first  for me. I mostly do lagers and stouts. I was just thinking of getting 25 L of Apple Juice and cider yeast. Then in secondary Add some peach juice Just to be different...

All suggestions hints and tips would be appreciated as I don't know much about cider brewing

Ciderhead

December 30, 2012, 06:27:48 PM #1 Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:38:26 PM by Ciderhead
Check out cider forum loads of info in there, you missed out cider juice group buy earlier in the year  :(
Tip do your additions to small lots, ideally demijohns to start as otherwise you will end out with 25litres of "I'm not sure I like that"

Seanboy

Ok will check out that forum and thank of the tip mite do a test run with the peach juice ....

Seanboy

QuoteYes, make sure when testing new things you do it on small batches. It'd be a shame to ruin 25L in one go.

As Ciderhead alluded to above, he bought over half a tonne of apple juice earlier in the year for what was one of the more epic group buys done on on here.

Will definitely get in on that one if your buying more apple juice again

Ciderhead

QuoteYes, make sure when testing new things you do it on small batches. It'd be a shame to ruin 25L in one go.

As Ciderhead alluded to above, he bought over half a tonne of apple juice earlier in the year for what was one of the more epic group buys done on on here.

Will definitely get in on that one if your buying more apple juice again

Next Oct I'm afraid