• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:07:55 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

McGargles Craft Beers, Kilcock, Co. Kildare

Started by CMulla, October 27, 2014, 09:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcalnan

August 07, 2015, 05:17:45 PM #30 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:18:34 PM by dcalnan
My guess is took their logo, and changed it in photoshop, very easy to do. And most labels come with a layout for printing circular labels so all done on a pc at home as no company in Ireland would want to be held responsible for printing these I say.

after some research found the font, it's free so anyone can use it, they would've had to use the font as the lower case g is cut off in any pictures online, you could recreate the bottom part I guess if you wanted. Took a while to figure out the font for the writing underneath but found something similar, I'm going off that tiny photo.

But I was able to make this in 5 mins.

I'd like to mention I haven't been in Waterford for 2+ years.  ;D

mr hoppy

Have Rye River hired Get'er brewed's PR people.

Keg

I reckon whoever is responsible for it is an idiot anyway!

imark

Is it idiot beer nerds doing that or competition?

Bubbles

I was wondering this myself.. I doubt there's a commercial craft brewer in the country who's willing to risk their reputation by pulling such a spectacularly dumb stunt like that.

I'd say it's just some plonker with an axe to grind. From what I've read on the NHC and Beoir threads, it appears nobody like either the McGargles brand or the beer. I have to say, I'm amazed to learn that Rye River produce the same amount of beer in a year as O'Hara's. Really??