• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:45 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Revenue Exemptions:

Started by Will_D, December 20, 2012, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

December 20, 2012, 07:55:30 PM Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:57:30 PM by Will_D
I have just re-watched a Corrigans City Fram episode on the Rte-Player from yesterday ( Wed, 19/12/12 )

Here:  - http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10096757/

He meets a man who claims to have an exemption from revenue to distill Poitin for one day only in Black Pool ( I think ) !!

It starts at about 7:18 into the episode

Anybody care to comment on this?

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

Quote1941 Cider Act allows the production of cider that is free from duty by anyone who owns the lands the apples were grown on, and whose full time occupation is not cider making.

Ireland really should be awash with artisan ciders.

Do you read what I write?

This is about Potíon !!

I have just emailed RTE and Corrigans PA for an explanation of how yer man found a loophole ( exemption) in the distillation legislation

newToBrew

watched that episode myself - yeah it wasn't specific to it bieg poitin -it was some kinda spirts one day licencing - that rte player can be dodgy - thats what I was watchin it on - was throwing some flash player error when i selected the episode  - still worked though
coz theres always something new to do

Will_D

Its simple really:

Either they got some form of idemnity from revenue to distill alcohol!!

Or:

They were breaking the CS law!!

Padraic

[thread hijack]

Quote1941 Cider Act allows the production of cider that is free from duty by anyone who owns the lands the apples were grown on, and whose full time occupation is not cider making.

Ireland really should be awash with artisan ciders.

Are you sure, i thought your full time occupation need to be agricultural or something?

As in could I make cider from apples grown on my own land as long as it's not my full time occupation? i.e. I set up my brewery and work there five days a week and I make cider every saturday i won't have to pay duty on the cider?

[/thread hijack]

I doubt very much that there is a distilling loop hole but if one exists I think we'll all be considering various barrel projects!

Col

Does that mean myself and my Ma could bring our eight gallons of cider to the local country market? I'd nearly do it for the laugh...
So if you want my address it's number one at the end of the bar,
Where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws,
And nursing our scars.