• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 08:44:27 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Ciderhead's apple juice... what next?

Started by admin, January 31, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

25 litres have been sitting in the shed conditioning for several months now. So now I want to move to the next stage in our relationship.

Please someone suggest how I can make small, maybe 2-5L quantities, of different ciders.

Thanks!

Damo

Yeah, good question

I'd also be interested in this.

I've never tried the bulmers version but I like the idea of spiced rhubarb.

Damo

Lol

You know, I think that would be a great thing to do!

However....

My world has just come to a shuddering halt.
We had a little addition to our family last Friday morning. A healthy little baby boy ;D

I suppose im very close to completion, minor little bits and pieces. And then there's the new brewery build.

This shouldnt take too long, its just getting out to do it.

I think march/april would be where im at.

Damo

Excellent :)

Leaves you to get on with other work!

Watch out though, another year or two your gonna have to count the bottles ;)

JimmyM

Formerly JamesM.

Ciderhead

January 31, 2013, 05:41:08 PM #5 Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:45:40 PM by Ciderhead
Quote25 litres have been sitting in the shed conditioning for several months now. So now I want to move to the next stage in our relationship.

Please someone suggest how I can make small, maybe 2-5L quantities, of different ciders.

Thanks!

Will and I were discussing various adjucts hence my trip to HBC and we could tell you but we would have to kill you. suffice to say my cider entries was 2 is now 8 ;D

I posted loads of ideas before and there were some in that northern brewer vid also

Ciderhead

Off my tits tonight trying it get the right amount of sorbitol for back sweetening and other adjuncts into my cider.
Too much, drink, too little, drink  just right
First tasting wow those dabinette apples are the full West Country cider experience full of tannin plenty of alcohol but not a huge apple flavour, reminds on my years in the West Country
Next one ... ;D
I can feel a hangover coming on.
Now to carbonate and do it  all again ;D