• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 01:58:10 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

training/classes

Started by jimbuckleybarrett, December 19, 2014, 10:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbuckleybarrett

Hi,

This might sound like a stupid question but does anyone meet up to train/show newbies the do and don't and explain the procedure?

I'm enjoying myself with the brewing but I like to get a better understanding.  I still have problems getting the better to the final FG (I think that's the correct term!).

Jim

Taf

Your best bet is to probably check with one of the Lee Valley boys, as they are having the occasional Sunday brew at the Fran Well. This is where I was first introduced to all grain, and when you see it once, the mystery is completely taken out of it.

Taf

Quote from: jimbuckleybarrett on December 19, 2014, 12:47:56 PM
Lee Valley boys?

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/board,21.0.html

There is a topic about a brewday on Sunday 30th of December, but presume that was actually November. Keep an eye on that forum re upcoming brewdays, as they will probably have another one before too long.

LordEoin

or just jump in with someone when they're brewing.
You'll have a lot of sitting around twiddling your thumbs, but you'll learn plenty along the way.

johnrm

Us Rebels are very secretive about our brew days...
Well, not really. But we are scattered so getting a brewday could be in Cork, Midleton, Clonakilty...
Get along to a meet to see who's who and you will find out more. In the meantime, there are lots of vids on YouTube.

Taf

I'll let you know if I'm brewing over the holidays, and if you are free, you can pop over.