• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:52:14 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Looking for Cornelius keg lid

Started by Seanboy, December 30, 2012, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanboy

Any one have a spare corny lid for sale

Ciderhead

December 30, 2012, 06:50:12 PM #1 Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:55:32 PM by Ciderhead
You can get them here
http://www.candirect.co.uk/,
http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Cornelius-Keg-Spare-Lid.html
http://www.hopandgrape.co.uk/public/detailv1.asp?itemcode=STA20024957
dread to think what shipping would be.
You may be lucky as I think there were spares from the first monster Keg group buy?
People parting with them now thats a different story ;)
How come you have no lid?

Seanboy

I have 3 keg one  of the lids are bent ?.. Was going to buy a new lid for it .but it is as Nearly as Cheap to buy a new keg as it is a lid. So was just on the look out for a cheap lid

Ciderhead

December 31, 2012, 01:18:02 AM #3 Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:22:29 AM by Ciderhead
QuoteI have 3 keg one  of the lids are bent ?.. Was going to buy a new lid for it .but it is as Nearly as Cheap to buy a new keg as it is a lid. So was just on the look out for a cheap lid

That must have been so thump to bend it :(
Anyway you could straighten it in a vice?
I know my own are pretty forgiving with the rubber gasket so surprised it isn't holding pressure.

Churchman

QuoteAny one have a spare corny lid for sale
Hey Sean i might be able to help you out there if you still need a lid

Seanboy

Hey Paddy yeah if you can help me out with a lid I'd appreciate it, just let me know what you want for it can pay you in beer or cash! :)

Churchman

PM sent Seanboy

Hey Paddy yeah if you can help me out with a lid I'd appreciate it, just let me know what you want for it can pay you in beer or cash! :)

Churchman

Seanboy

QuoteDid that lid work for you?

Hi paddy, haven't been home yet this week, will be back home on Saturday. Hope you have included your details so I can send you something back in return.

Churchman

No panic try it first and make sure it seals ok for you  :)

Will_D

Sean, If you still have the lid I may be able to repair it - After all its just a bit of pressed stainless.

Would then become a spare for yourself or any one else!

Do you know about the next North County meet in the Old Boro in Swords next Tuesday?

If you are in Drogheda midweek sure its only just down the road!

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Seanboy

Yeah was thinking of maybe heading to that If I can 20 minutes would take me over. What all goes on in the meets. Just I wouldn't be able to have a drink or Try any Examples of any homebrews \ Drinking and driving

Will_D

January 10, 2013, 09:43:30 PM #12 Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:45:25 PM by Will_D
QuoteYeah was thinking of maybe heading to that If I can 20 minutes would take me over. What all goes on in the meets. Just I wouldn't be able to have a drink or Try any Examples of any homebrews \ Drinking and driving

We start at 7pm and tends to last till 9:30 or so!

We basically taste each others homebrews.

There is NO need to bring a brew to the meet!!

Now if you are driving you can taste but not drink ( we have large glasses for rinsing and the like !! )

There is always a lot of talk ('n BS !!) and eating ( if you fancy buying some food )

Seriously tho' you can taste some great brews and not ingest any alcohol.

If you are not driving and the HB runs out then the Boro has 2 O'Haras on keg plus a few bottles

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Seanboy

QuoteNo panic try it first and make sure it seals ok for you  :)

Hey Paddy,

Got the lid it works perfect thanks a million pls let me I can return the favour if you need anything I will be doing a brew shop online in the next week or two would be happy to pick you up something and post to you thanks again for help with this.

Seanboy

QuoteYeah was thinking of maybe heading to that If I can 20 minutes would take me over. What all goes on in the meets. Just I wouldn't be able to have a drink or Try any Examples of any homebrews \ Drinking and driving

We start at 7pm and tends to last till 9:30 or so!

We basically taste each others homebrews.

There is NO need to bring a brew to the meet!!

Now if you are driving you can taste but not drink ( we have large glasses for rinsing and the like !! )

There is always a lot of talk ('n BS !!) and eating ( if you fancy buying some food )

Seriously tho' you can taste some great brews and not ingest any alcohol.

If you are not driving and the HB runs out then the Boro has 2 O'Haras on keg plus a few bottles

Will

Ok Will, I will make it over on Tuesday night, I have just the one bottle of stout that I brewed for Christmas left so I will bring that over, as I mostly keg all my beer! Looking forward too meeting you all.