• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 06:25:43 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Old School House Swords

Started by Will_D, December 28, 2014, 01:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

After a recomendation from Cahal about the OSH brewing there own Stout, IPA and soon to be a lager (posted on Beoir):

Just back from a snakey (viz.) Sunday lunchtime pint!

Cahal is right its a cracking pint of stout. Big creamy head, good retention as well. Probably on nitro.

Checked the receipt andf they call it "Scholar Black" and the price:

:lol:  Four Euro!  :lol:

We ned to upgrade the Beoir Ap for Swords a bit but first there is a bit of legwork, drinking and note taking to be done!

So anyone free to meet up Newyears afternoon for a bit of a wander round Swords:

OSH, Empire, 44, Cock, Gilbert and Wrights, The Pound all have some decent beers that need documenting for the Beoir Ap

Say meet up in the 44 at around 2 and then have a wander round.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

nigel_c

rje66

Ahh a good old pub crawl ;D ;D
If I'm back up I'll drop in.
NY eve or day?
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

Will_D

Was thinking of Newyears day!

Night before is the 'auld wedding anniversary and remembering back some years:

"Will you always be pissed stupid on the night of our anniversary" Unqote SWMBOB!!

Well there were  few exceptional reasons:

Like being on the TransSiberian Express (on Dec 31) for about 3 NYEves Partys! Or was it 4 - all to do with time zones on the train

nigel_c

Sort of a walking the hairy dog day.
I actually have to head into work for a few hours on new years day but I could be tempted for a few after.
First time to have to work new years day in 10 years in the job so cant really complain.

Will_D

So, any one else fancy a hairy dog walk rounf the craft beer capital of the North County?

rje66

Quote from: rje66 on December 28, 2014, 04:45:05 PM
Ahh a good old pub crawl ;D ;D
If I'm back up I'll drop in.
NY eve or day?
Off to Galway to connacht v Munster match.
Wife says to me one day... "so do you love beer more than me?....
Naturally, I replied,...... making it or drinking it??😱😱
www.gardenconcepts.ie

Cahalbrua

On antibiotics for the week, don't think i could sit around watching u lot sipping away😢😢 :'(

nigel_c

Got home at 4.30 this morning and was in work for 8. I don't think will be in any state for a pub crawl today.

Partridge9

Didnt happen for me in the end either - sure we will get it again.

mcgrath

Tried the IPA on sat night. Nice pint. Was more than a fiver, not sure exact price. Maybe the stout is cheaper or prices go up on Sat..

Will_D

I Paid 5-15 for the IPA on Moday luchtime. They have a "cheap-ass" Tuesday offer when Guiness is only 3-75 and other pints €4
so maybe the prices vary!

Still 4€ for a Sunday pint of their stout is not to be missed out on

nigel_c

Sweet Jesus. Classy spot that blacker. Was dragged there once with a work night out and have never been back or out with work people again after.

Will_D

Aye Tube, but at least we in Swords don't get slagged off by the National Press like wot they did today!

DEMPSEY

This is a bit of social commentary with the Blacker doing what its customers would want and they do not mix with nor go to school with the ruling class that run the country and who are always itching at a chance to comment on how others live. On behalf of the Blacker and all those pissed on by the stuckups in the Dail   Go n-ithe an tochas thú  >:(

Rant over :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us