• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 01:30:09 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The benefit of education

Started by admin, February 11, 2013, 12:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

February 11, 2013, 12:56:00 PM Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:56:54 PM by admin
I gave the wife a glass of cider from Ciderhead's group buy to taste. She rushed over to the sink and spat it out, and said "That's the worst beer you've ever brewed". We had a good laugh when I told her what it was... "that would explain why it tasted like cider" she said.

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Ciderhead

February 11, 2013, 02:43:20 PM #2 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:45:08 PM by Ciderhead
what you also neglected to leave out was you used it on US05 trub [smiley=cheesy.gif]
Apple Murderer! and worse I gave ya frigging Cider yeast, I'm throwing away that key!
I am sure I have an old pair of socks at the bottom of my sports bags with yeast or I know a few girls scratching themselves with some kind of yeast infection if you want to give either of those a go next year, they couldn't be any worse that what you have done already :o ;)

Will_D

Quotewhat you also neglected to leave out was you used it on US05 trub [smiley=cheesy.gif]
Apple Murderer! and worse I gave ya frigging Cider yeast, I'm throwing away that key!

You can't be serious!!! :-?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

February 11, 2013, 03:23:43 PM #4 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:24:18 PM by Ciderhead
Any Crutons in that Tube?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtn2EsX8dLk[/media]

Ciderhead

February 11, 2013, 06:22:17 PM #5 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:22:38 PM by Ciderhead
killer being the operative word, that still doesn't make it right  ;D

Will_D

QuoteFrom another forum:

I made a killer cider last year, using a Safale US-05 dry packet. It worked like a charm, and I added a bit of boiled water with brown sugar and cinnamon sticks to the wort/must. The sticks gave the yeast something to cling too, and imparted a wonderful cinnamon flavor. It was like the filling to an apple pie. This time 'round, I'm tossing in some LME Wheat and using a wheatbeer strain to try to give the pie flavor a little crust taste too. I'm calling it the CiderWeizen.

Did you check the posting date?

Just wait till you see what will be posted on April 1 (mad gothic laughter effect!!!!!)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing