• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 12:42:42 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

CO2 tank.

Started by Greg2013, February 23, 2013, 12:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Looking to find a co2 tank. Something in probably the 10 pound range that will fit in one of those small waist high fridges. Cannot locate any in the usual home brew shops.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

check out you closest local fire extinguisher, seller, posted yesterday about local guy to me that sels 2Kg which is what your after for 40 filled. other option is bigger tank which usually costs the same and drill pipe through side of fridge, be very careful doing this and post back here before you do.
I didn't know you had kegs? ;)

Greg2013

I dont have any kegs ciderhead but i have given up on the kit and kilo for now. I want to build up some small pieces of equipment first and have decided that the keg and co2 is going to be my first purchse.

That being said tbh a full cornie is like 100-120 euro on its own and the new 10 litre ones are 55 euro at the moment.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

February 23, 2013, 02:35:00 PM #3 Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:35:38 PM by deadman1972
Also i reckon that the 10 litre cornie would fit easier into the fridge i have here along with a co2 tank which is what i have in mind tbh.

Oh there are no local fire extinguisher places here.

Ciderhead

QuoteI dont have any kegs ciderhead but i have given up on the kit and kilo for now. I want to build up some small pieces of equipment first and have decided that the keg and co2 is going to be my first purchse.

That being said tbh a full cornie is like 100-120 euro on its own and the new 10 litre ones are 55 euro at the moment.

do another kit and bottle, it will work for you now you have temp control. but please please, no
Treacle
Pineapple chunks
Dog turds
or whatever else you are reading here about exotics just a straight kit and nothing else, that will give you the confidence to up your game.

Greg2013

I have not given up completely forever. In actual fact i have an order in for some "stuff" for a one gallon batch to be done soon. I may try and stick with one gallon for a little while to hone my skills so to speak.

IsMise

Might be worthwhile putting the word out (after the competition) re: cornies.... with all the new recruits on board, and with membership kicking in, this could start a group buy... ;)

Churchman

Kegging is expensive when you start out with all the bits you need :
Used 19L Corny keg €40-60
CO2 6kg Cylinder €40-60
CO2 2kg fire extinguiser €25-40
Regulator €35-50
Corny IN/OUT ball lock fittings €15-25
Beer Tap €35 +
Beer line approx €10
It all adds up when you start out kegging but a great investment.  If you decide to go with kegging i might be able to locate a few bits for you as cheap as i can get them for you at cost price to help you out if possible.

Ciderhead

QuoteMight be worthwhile putting the word out (after the competition) re: cornies.... with all the new recruits on board, and with membership kicking in, this could start a group buy... ;)

already in hand ;)

IsMise

Quote from: 745E5352455F525653370
already in hand ;)
/quote]

nice one... will be watching this space  ::)  ;D

Greg2013

Greg2013

Agreed tube but its double the price.

Greg2013

loftybush

Was just about to say to get in touch with alealex, but you are one step ahead of me.