• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:31:05 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Guinness stout tap wanted

Started by Shanna, January 30, 2013, 07:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukkus

I didnt get the upload file button when posting for some reason.

rukkus

rukkus

January 30, 2013, 10:55:43 PM #17 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:56:04 PM by rukkus
Lol still a bit too large cropped but you get the idea

rukkus

It matches the guinness tap spout :)

Ciderhead

[smiley=cheesy.gif] this is my eyeballs struggling to focus on that image :)

Shanna

Hi Shane,

While I understand the desire to save space, not sure I agree about a 400K limit being huge ;-) Try taking a photo with a smart phone that is this size. Any chance of getting something on the site that would down scale the images automatically?

I can hear you cursing me as you read this!!! Thinking of perl script wrapping ffmpeg or something similar.

Declan

QuoteAttachment limit is now back to 400k which is still HUGE! It was 1.5MB temporarily for the purposes of uploading competition documents, PDFs and the like.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

rukkus

Yea its not the file size thats an issue its the resolution. Images need to be scaled down to fit nicely.

Hop Bomb

Use imgur.com & upload your pics to there first. Then select the large thumbnail option & copy & paste the link. Simple.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Ciderhead

rukkus

I agree 100% with the above but the issue i have is if i attach an image i have to guess the size and crop it on my phone or whatever.

This allows huge images to appear and make threads look weird. The techie in me says auto resize images.

The brewer in me says, lets focus on making beer   ;D

Shanna

January 30, 2013, 11:28:33 PM #25 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:28:52 PM by doshanahan
No worries, minor irritation at best that can be worked around.

As an aside about the space, will you be starting to archive/remove old posts and threads after a certain amount of time or when you reach the 20GB limit will you just pay Another9 for additional storage?

Declan

QuoteThe only downside to uploading elsewhere and linking is that if something changes on the image hosters end we end up with broken links.

Seriously guys, we have 20GB of storage (for now) at our disposal, so we'd be aswell to use it (wisely).
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

rukkus

rukkus

Thats very strange on the lack of a plate. If ordering more ask him for one and he'll include one. He did for me anyway :)

slayerking

These look great. Currently looking to get my hands on a stout tap and if these have the restrictor disk, they'd be perfect.

Tube, is the shaft and threading the same as on the group buy flow control taps?

slayerking

QuoteThese look great. Currently looking to get my hands on a stout tap and if these have the restrictor disk, they'd be perfect.

Tube, is the shaft and threading the same as on the group buy flow control taps?

Co-incidence, as only half an hour ago I ordered 2 more of these.

The bad news is that they are completely different to the group buy taps, in every way. Shank is slightly smaller in diameter, and they use 1/4" John Guest fittings instead of 3/8" barbs.

Dang, I'd need these to screw into a beer tap tower like the other taps. The shank doesn't need to be too long but if the threading/diameter is different, they're probably no good to me, I'd need to work out how to make them compatible.

How are you making them work with your current setup given that the diameters are different? New holes!!

They look like very nice taps, but I'd don't know if I could live without flow control!