• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 07:18:26 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Pear Juice?

Started by Greg2013, February 09, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Why is it that pear juice seems to be non existent in the shops while you can get every other juice under the sun? I am looking for approx ten litres of pure pear juice. No I ain't gonna juice pears myself LOL
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

February 09, 2013, 07:40:24 PM #1 Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:41:03 PM by Ciderhead
Laptop working again?
It was a shit growing season this year for domestic apples and pears, but I saw some in my very large Tescos in Arklow.
Grape juice is easier to get hold of and cheaper

Richie71

February 09, 2013, 11:29:02 PM #2 Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:29:51 PM by Richie71
If you can't get your hands on the pear juice I'd totally recommend this kit for a cider.

Just brew in the normal way with 1.3kg of brewing sugar.  You also get a little pouch of concentrated juice for priming.  Very refreshing!!  8-)

Greg2013

Nah m8 laptop Fubar in bin. Trying to find second hand computer with last week. Might try that kit thanks.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

Greg2013

Nope ciderhead, not one orchard seems to be doing pear juice. wtf is that all about? I can get everything but pear juice bloody hell.