• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:39:41 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2015 Stewards INFORMATION

Started by CARA, February 16, 2015, 07:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARA

Thanks so so much to everyone who has put themselves forward again. The day would truly be a shambles without your help.
Although we want you to enjoy and learn from the day, it is important that everything runs as smoothly as possible, so on that note, a note!

Assist organizers and judges as needed.

Make sure all required materials are present at the assigned judging table.

Ensure that everything required for judging, including openers, cups, pencils, scoresheets, ice, dump buckets, water, and crackers/bread is at the assigned table prior to the scheduled start for the judging.

Bring beer for the given flight to the judging table. Double-check to be sure all of the entries assigned to the given flight are in your box. Arrange the bottles in sequential order, as specified by the judges.

Remember that some beers will contain sediment, treat them gently.

Replenish bread, water, cups, forms, etc. as needed.

Empty dump buckets as needed or at the request of the judges.

Fill in the cover sheet and flight scoresheet at the discretion of the head judge. Check scoresheets, cover sheets, and flight sheets to be sure they have been fully and accurately completed. Point out potential errors to judges and request they correct them (Do not correct yourself please). Staple the cover sheets to the scoresheets.

Do not empty opened bottles or discard bottle caps until instructed to by the judges. Some entries may need additional evaluation at the end of the flight.

The judges may permit stewards to sample the entries along with them; however, stewards must refrain from attempting to influence the judging.

Clean up your station and tables at the end of the day ensuring all competition hardware is returned to the organisers.

Thanks again guys and see you next week!!
Upa Sesh

onesoma

Sounds good. Anything to add to this following the Galway leg? I can print out some copies to take in for other stewards on Saturday.

CARA

Galway went great as far as I'm aware! Kellie has swapped positions with myself so I'll be judging while she shepards stewards :)
Upa Sesh

armedcor

Boycott

what time should we be there on sat? do we need to bring anything?

Kellie

Stewards are asked to be there for 9.30ish, so that we can set up the tables etc. My bus gets into Dublin at 9.30 so i will hop in a taxi and be there not long after 9.30.

I usually ensure I have a pen and a bottle opener with me. Apart from that yourself and a smile  :) :)

See you all on Saturday, looking forward to this round, Galway was a great day.

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Boycott

I have to go into work for an hour on Saturday so i dont think ill be makeing 9.30,probably closer to 10.30

Kellie

No problem Paul,  see you on Saturday.

CARA

Hello lovely Stewards.

Just a heads up for Saturday. It seems during the initial commotion in Galway when we were allocating t-shirts, a few of the wrong sizes went to the wrong people and a few even went a little walk for themselves. Due to this we might be short a few on Saturday so we will either offer a refund or get you another special limited edition tee re-printed when Tom returns from his pilgrimage! Massive advance apologies in advance to anyone who might be affected on saturday. See you all then!
Upa Sesh

Vermelho

So I was playing astro last night I think I twisted my knee or something. Anyway, I'm in pain when I walk so I don't think I'll be able to do a lot of running around on Saturday. Is there anything else I could do?

irish_goat

Quote from: Vermelho on March 06, 2015, 07:14:07 AM
So I was playing astro last night I think I twisted my knee or something. Anyway, I'm in pain when I walk so I don't think I'll be able to do a lot of running around on Saturday. Is there anything else I could do?

There's normally someone who sits at the laptop and types the scores in. Could maybe get you to do that?